If you change the default search engine from Google's I'm Feeling Lucky to Yubnub, you can search almost any web site directly from the address line. So, you can for example do the following searches:

g abc def : Searches google for abc def
am abc: Searches abc on amazon.com
wi abc: Searches abc on Wikipedia
imdb abc: Searches abc on IMDB etc.

A list of most used commands can be found here.

This functionality is similar to that of Opera and Firefox, but with Yubnub, you don't need to tweak it. The shortcuts are already there. (Though this has the disadvantage that you can't tweak them to your preferences. For example, I usually use w for Wikipedia; but it is reserved for weather.com on Yubnub.)

So, here is how to do it:
-----

1. Go to "about:config" in Microb browser.
2. Enter "keyword.URL" into the Name box at the top (above Set Preference).
3. Enter "http://yubnub.org/parser/parse?command=" as the value.
4. Restart Microb.

-----

The searches default to Google, so writing abc cde will search for abc def on Google; so you don't need a g at the beginning.

You can create your own searches with Yubnub provided you select an unused keyword.

----

Also, if you use Speed Dial, your browsing experience will be much better. (Remember to use iamthewalrus' and Benson's version, not mine. That one is much improved.)

Last edited by ustunozgur; 2008-06-19 at 13:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ustunozgur For This Useful Post:
Nice find! It reminded me to fix a 'missing bookmarks' bug in Speeddial. Would you mind merging the two pages on the Wiki? Maybe with a title like 'Microb browser: How to configure the location bar to search Google (or any other site)' ? Still it would be better if Microb had Firefox' keyword searches instead of letting YubNub snoop on your browsing habits.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-06-19 at 20:12.