Active Topics

On the Maemo Bluetooth Plugin website, it states:
Once the keyboard is paired with the 770, simply turning on the keyboard will automatically establish the connection.
Has anyone gotten this to work with the ThinkOutside Stowaway keyboard? I've paired my keyboard, but I always have to go through the plugin menu's "Connect -> Input Device" (after putting the keyboard into "discoverable" mode) in order to start using the keyboard...

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
I know it doesn't really help, but it works as advertised to for the Nokia keyboard (imagine that).

So, the software does work, but it seems to be hardware dependent.

Bummer.

Brad.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
It works for me with a ThinkOutside Stowaway. I can't exactly remember what incantation to use - but I have "Select keyboard from list" selected in the settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to aflegg For This Useful Post:
It works for me... most of the time. Sometimes it or the 770 gets freaked out and automagically stops sending/receiving what I type. Then I get to disconnect/reconnect via the plugin to get it to work again. Not sure what the deal is.

Is anyone aware of a way to use the Bluetooth plug-in, or a replacement technique, to pair a keyboard with the iT running the 2006 OS?

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by bradb
I know it doesn't really help, but it works as advertised to for the Nokia keyboard (imagine that).

So, the software does work, but it seems to be hardware dependent.

Bummer.

Brad.
Are you referring to the Nokia SU-8W Wireless Keyboard bradb? I'm thinking of getting one if it is. Any other bluetooth keyboard options that work well with the 2K6 OS?
3pm - So good, it's illegal

This thread is old; most of it refers to the 2005 OS. No keyboards work with the 2006 OS yet, as far as I know.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
I see. Well, I guess we'll have to get back to coding up some of the older solutions for the new OS. Just a matter of time to get everything and more working on this marvelous device.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2006 @ s/w Germany
Hi,

my ThinkOutside keyboard works fine with the 2006 OS final.
Read this: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=2334

Regards, Diet

My imported from China BT KB works with 2006 and the plugin. I have to manually pair it. Still the same deal as under 2005: sometimes pairing fails or dies. Repeating characters, using BS is hell. The BS part is due to Notes. DIE NOTES DIE!! Nyahahaha!! (I had to get that out!)

I'd rather have fekkin USB!