Active Topics

After loading and enjoying the new performance of OS2008 on my N800 I did notice a couple of down sides. The screen double clicks more after the upgrade. I now find myself pressing so much harder than before. My main problem with it stems from onscreen typing and trying to hold down "right click" to get to the options.
Even this post took longer than before... Any thoughts?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
After reflashing the OS I think the recalibrating the display helps.

I theorize that the hardness that you tap the display during calibration somehow sets the force level necessary to register as a "tap".

I used to have problems with my touchscreen being overly sensitive when I would calibrate using a very delicate tap. Using a harder tap now I don't seem to have the sensivity problem anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to rdcinhou For This Useful Post:
I think everyone has had more problems with the touch screen sensitivity after the OS2008 upgrade, but this is the first I've heard that recalibrating would help. Wouldn't the calibration have been set to default by reflashing? Anyone know for sure?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post

I theorize that the hardness that you tap the display during calibration somehow sets the force level necessary to register as a "tap".

I used to have problems with my touchscreen being overly sensitive when I would calibrate using a very delicate tap. Using a harder tap now I don't seem to have the sensivity problem anymore.
I fear I've fallen for a placebo, but my touchscreen was too insensitive, I re-calibrated with very soft taps, and it does seem better now.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
After reflashing the OS I think the recalibrating the display helps.

You might be right here... I always calibrate with the stylus, very lightly touching the exact center of the crosshairs for precision. I have occasional doubling and such, but not horribly bad.

I thought I would try your suggestion, so I gave it a solid peck with the stylus at each point. Result: Doubling like crazy, and spurious motion to far corners of the screen. Recalibrated normally, and it went back.

The plural of anecdote is not data, of course, but it seems to have an effect. So it's probably a useful tool to deal with varying screens by varying the calibration pressure,