Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Everyone, just as the last gift of this week, we just uploaded the 3 themes to Canola. hit update and you will find them on the application installer.

more info here : http://www.openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/add.html

Deep blue is the blue theme you guys saw already, and the simple themes also I posted before (they've changed of course) have a very minimalist approach as an experiment to speed up things, and maybe in the future allow user's background, color or image who knows?

The black and Red simple themes have 3 goals :

a) Simple, less transparency : it does help on some screen, test the album art view

b) Black - White : high contrast to those keen on this.

c) Simplify the design sheet to provide to theme creators. There's already work on going on the tool to compile the themes, so windows and mac users will be able to compile and package the themes without needing to install edje_cc.

I hope you all like it!

Marcelo

*my personal kudos for : Tiago (deep blue) and Miguel (Simple themes) that managed to do the themes while working in other projects

also note : the icons on deep blue are from cristalclear from KDE, some of them were custom made, and we are going to upload the changes for those interested. (actually some themes will be fully availlable : PSD design sheet + icon design sheets + font configuration files )

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Last edited by handful; 2008-03-14 at 23:05.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
i like the flat black one
simple yet intuitive and stylish

Excellent

Really ties in with the symbolic statusbar icons of OS2008.

I'm hoping Nokia swings their theme development towards the symbolic look.

*considers replacing every icon in OS2008 appmenu*

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Haha, the blue one looks ****ing chung

Thanks

Hurrah for minimal and contrasty!

You guys rock! Thank you !!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@qwerty : lol, dude sorry for my ignorance, but what is "chung" the f* part I got it (lol again)

For all others : we are really happy that you guys liked it, after having so much "rich" detail oriented themes, was time for a simple one. Kudos to Miguel (he did the woodbox theme on previous canola) !

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Those look great, thanks!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by handful View Post
@qwerty : lol, dude sorry for my ignorance, but what is "chung" the f* part I got it (lol again)

For all others : we are really happy that you guys liked it, after having so much "rich" detail oriented themes, was time for a simple one. Kudos to Miguel (he did the woodbox theme on previous canola) !

Marcelo
Lol, my bad

It's a (bit old) London slang for great

I love the theme, and thanks again

nice work. i'm a big fan of the flat red theme and simple icons. it's a very clean look.

can't wait forthe theme creator... i'd particularly like the ability to change background image, maybe even from inside canola?

keep up the great work chaps