Active Topics

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ New York,NY
Well in what may be one of the top 5 shittiest nights of my life, I lost (ie was stolen) my Nokia N810. I flipping loved that thing and I am hopping some place will have a price drop or a deal in which I can justify purchasing it again. The reason my N810 was stolen was because I had slipped walking down stairs to the basement bathroom of a pub and I ended up smashing my face into the floor and getting knocked on conscious. By the time I came to I just wanted to go home and forgot my bag. When I went to retrieve it from the pub the next day, everything was in my bag but the N810. I am so bummed out. I am hoping this dumbass who stole it won't be able to figure it out and then try to sell it on craigs list NYC. To all of you Nokia N810 owners out there, be careful with your little nokie.

Update: Well turns out this now has a happy ending. Because my boss is kick ****ing ***, and that my injury/robbery happened on a company outing, my boss has ordered me a replacement Nokia N810. Needless to say I will be even more careful than I already was with my new N810

Last edited by gutterboy; 2008-02-27 at 23:14. Reason: New Info

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Man, I am so sorry to hear about that... all of it. Fortunately you weren't seriously injured.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ New York,NY
Thanks. The way I see it is that I in the balance of things I somehow traded my Nokia for no serious injuries. However, I bet the person who stole it has no idea how to use it and will likely pawn it or something. aw ****, I just realized my email had auto login on that. got to change that now.

If the bag was held by the pub and the rest of the contents remained (did it contain anything else of value?), I'd seriously suspect the employees of that place. It's hard to prove, of course.

A thief wouldn't take the time to go through your bag at the location; he would simply take it and sort it out in a safe place. There's a small chance that the N810 fell out and someone picked it up seperately from the bag, but that's still far less likely than a curious employee taking a look through the lost-and-found bag.

That city has a big problem with people stealing ****, even people who have plenty of money. I hear lots of Manhattanites avoid tying up their dogs for fear of having them stolen. WTF?

Last edited by bexley; 2008-02-26 at 17:34.

Harsh luck mate, at least you're ok though. I say the world rights itself overall, and so just when you're least expecting it, the tables will be turned and something great will happen to redress the balance.

Plus, on that logic you'll find the N810 may have suddenly developed an otherwise un-documented overheating problem bad enough set fire to whoever stole it...

Mines just gone too - someone rifled through the jacket while it was on a chair. Bugger. I bet it's on ebay for £150.