Active Topics

one of the problems with the n800 is the limited
selection of audio/video content that is linked to
in its internet radio player.

when i look for content on my own ( as I can easily do with my home pc) alot of content is not in a compatible format....

then I tried "streamtuner". it links to 100's of internet radio stations that actually play on the n800 and lists the current song playing. it is great.

I would like to have a choice of hundreds of internet tv stations as well... has anyone
been sucessful in doing this by any method at all?
(internet tv web page listing, list of bookmarks, software like streamtuner, etc.)????

The Following User Says Thank You to nokian111 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
I just grabbed this app a few minutes ago. I'll have to give this one a shot too.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2007 @ cleveland
ive been using this for the last 2or3 days and its simply fantastic! almost endless amounts of streamss and content. a must have,no doubt about it!!

I had to change the description from the song being played to station name, as the title would not refresh after the song ended (was listening to classical), thus could be misleading. Other than that, I love it.

for audio, "streamtuner is great"...but what about
video? i need an equivalent "tv tuner" program?

Have you considered setting up an Orb server on your home PC? I've got it running and can get a number of internet TV channels... also YouTube works great because it transcodes the video on the fly and streams it out to my n800's Media Player.
My only complaint is that video from my ATI TV Wonder is basically unviewable... my home PC is low end, and you need a P4 of 2.8Ghz or more to transcode the HDTV signal and stream it out. My 1.8Ghz processor just doesn't cut it.
Orb also lets you view your webcams, so it's also a nice little security cam app when away from home.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaiotu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Williamsport Pa
I am also looking for a video tuner, one of the things I will need to do is to be able to check on my security cameras. Could you give me a little more info on this ORB? I am not in a real hurry, my N800 just bit the big one and will no longer power up. I was lucky enough the it did it on the 14th day so it is now on its way to buy.com. Just is unfortunate that my laptop fried last week but I am glad that I spent the extra for the extended warranty from best buy, cost an extra 250 bucks for 3 yrs and included 1 battery replacement (battery crapped out 6 months ago-got back 140 of warranty money there) but now I am down to getting my emails on my cell and using computer at kids place while babysitting grandkid. I work as a night watchman and it sure is boring without anyway to get online. Anyway back on topic if anyone could tell me what I programs I need to download to watch streaming video directly from wifi (hoping not to have download to another computer and reformat) that would make me a happy camper. I was planning on picking up additional sd cards since I only had the 128 that came with it. Thanks in advance, Steve

the orb server sounds interesting but i don't want to rely on my pc if i don't ahve to..

i'm hoping someone has a solution for a "streamtuner" style video tuner...
does anyone here use the n800 as a internet tv device? how do you find the stations?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
i want a TV TUNER

no a Video Tuner

we need that tool

hmm...maybe we can contact the streamtuner people and see if they can
add links to video and tv....

anyone in touch with them?