Active Topics

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
While trying to get dosbox working with my N800 (OS2008) I noticed strange input behavior in other applications which have been noted in other threads.

These behaviors went away after uninstalling xkbd.

These are:
  • Stylus selects text by default instead of scrolling in RSS Reader and Web browser
  • Select button no longer works
  • Stylus selection would occassionally select some in another location to the left instead of at stylus location

Granted, the latest version of xkbd that I could find was for OS2007 and not OS2008.

Does anyone know of a later version?

Last edited by rdcinhou; 2008-01-21 at 01:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to rdcinhou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I don't know why this thread didn't come up when I was searching before, but everything that I've identified above has been flagged before. I found this link on another website:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...5137#post65137

Now we just need someone to upgrade xkbd to OS2008 status.

I built my own xkbd for 2008. Never noticed any of the problems you are having.

The big issue, however, is that you can't use the ENTER key properly. My guess is that the libraries have been modified so that pressing the ENTER key brings up the full screen finger keyboard and when using the Hildon keyboard it passes something differently to the dialogs.

It is these small things that really drive me crazy and make doing things your own way extremely frustrating on the n800.