Active Topics

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Leandro Ca.
Hello all

My name is Mike and my girlfriend just got me a Nokia N810 for Christmas. I was more than excited and surprised as I planned on getting one but financial reasons slowed the plan down. Nevertheless I am enjoy learning how to use it and seeing some of the post on this forum has helped allot. I may ask questions from time to time, but not all at once as I am new to this device and kind of still learning about Linux.

Anyway here is my problem. When I go to application manager and click check for updates it shows one (map) and I click it and try to click it and do the update I get this message. “Unable to install, software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author”. I noticed the update is V2.2.6.377-1 and the version in my Nokia is AppV2.2.6.377 Map V2.2.1.347 TA2006.10. If this is an update how do I install it. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. As I said I am new to this so I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance

I think everyone is having trouble with that Map update, I haven't been able to get it since I got my N810 a few weeks ago.

I solved it by first removing the maps application and then installing it from the update.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
What I did, I uninstalled the original map and then it let me reinstall the new one from repository.

However, there was no change in the version number...

Just FYI: mine shows version: 2.2.6.377-1

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Leandro Ca.
thanks all I thought it might be something like that but thought I would ask before uninstalling it and finding I had no map application at all.

I have the same problem. In addition to the map app, I also have something called hildon-input-method and an associated library (libhildon-im-ui3) which behave the same way. I can't find a way to remove those files.

The Following User Says Thank You to macguys For This Useful Post: