Active Topics

I have the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard and the file it downloads for my device is always "corrupted". I've downloaded it about 5 times for a total of about an hour and a half of downloading and it wont work. I also tried it manually but the files off maemo are in .php??? It's supposed to be in .bin . Can i change the .php to .bin? Is there something else i can do?

Originally Posted by skatrman010 View Post
I have the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard and the file it downloads for my device is always "corrupted". I've downloaded it about 5 times for a total of about an hour and a half of downloading and it wont work. I also tried it manually but the files off maemo are in .php??? It's supposed to be in .bin . Can i change the .php to .bin? Is there something else i can do?
Yep, download from a Bittorrent Tracker and then load the locally stored file to Wizard. That's it!

I've done that twice already... from a bit torrent and a mirror link. I've been told it may be a device from Korea or Germany so the software isn't recognizing my foreign n800. Could i get the update from Korea or Germany? I guess I should post another thread because it's a different question.

There is only one international software - there is no issue with foreign versions.

Are you using the right updater, and right update file, and are not running out of temp space or memory?

Every attempt ending with a corrupt file might also be a sign of malware or a broken system on your PC host. The first thing to do would be to download some similarily large signed file from another source and check its signature, to exclude that you have a generic problem with large downloads.

No, no problem with large downloads. I download 100 MB + files that work fine. I've also tried it on several computers. I don't know if it will help you but my WLAN code isn't recognized by the people at nokia. That's why they say it doesnt work with US software. I don't know what else I can do.

There IS no US specific software. Sure you are downloading the software for the right device and not for another model?

Yes I've downloaded it too many times to remember. A couple times I downloaded it from links on this forum. I'm 100% positive it's the right software.