Is this possible yet? Thanks!

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I'll second this one. I just moved to Sweden... I need a translator, so I can do my laundry... OK - not really, but it is amazing how different doing laundry is in different countries.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
SDict Viewer was released today, it showed up on the maemo.org page briefly, I don't know why it went away...

http://maemo.org/downloads/search/ap...8&fetch=Search

I was able to install it, and grabbed a few dictionaries at the same time. Working fine so far.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoxOfSnoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Well, that was easy. thanks!

But no English-Chinese dictionary for Sdict.

SDict Viewer is good, apart from small gui design problems. e.g. if translation is in several dicts the tabs show only the last few letters of the dict name, i.e. "...onary", making it impossible to guess which one it is.

But I still need stardict. There at least two reasons:
1st I like the design
2nd I have very good dictionaries which aren't and probably never will be available in sdict format

Why is it so difficult to port it to os2008?

I've ported qstartdict to OS2008 (it needed only minimal changes), and it runs fine on my N810.

I'll be glad to make the binary available on request.

I need your help in finding someone willing to be responsible for packaging the program as a ".deb" file and getting the program into the appropriate repository for easy public access.

The Following User Says Thank You to z2n For This Useful Post:
Please let us know when STARDICT is avaiable for public download.... I miss a REAL dictionary on my n800 OS2008...
thanks

Where can I download your build/sources from?

Originally Posted by zebianco View Post
Please let us know when STARDICT is avaiable for public download.... I miss a REAL dictionary on my n800 OS2008...
thanks
I'm happy to distribute the executable and source upon request, but I do not have a suitable public repository. Please let me know if you can help find someone to properly package qstardict and get it into a repository.