Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I've been absent from the forums lately and I apologize. I owe (and dedicate) my blog to this community, after all.

CES press junkets have been swarming my inbox for a month and it's all I can do to keep my head above water especially with a new job, the holidays, and the upcoming trip. I know there are things I have massively overlooked. I'm asking for two things if you will be so generous:

- What's happened that really deserves more attention on the blog?
- What do you want me to ask Nokia at CES?

I already have my questions ready but if there are any outstanding community concerns, I'd like to bring them up too.

Hope 2008 is great for everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to thoughtfix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
What's happened that really deserves more attention on the blog?
All and any information on the upcoming MID’s

What do you want me to ask Nokia at CES?
When are they going to start devoting adequate resources to the Internet Tablet project and give the community the support and respect it deserves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
When are they going to start devoting adequate resources to the Internet Tablet project and give the community the support and respect it deserves.
Ha! You must not work for a large corporate beast, then... The support/freedom that Nokia allows the maemo team is simply unparalleled!

Tim

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
I've been absent from the forums lately and I apologize. I owe (and dedicate) my blog to this community, after all.

CES press junkets have been swarming my inbox for a month and it's all I can do to keep my head above water especially with a new job, the holidays, and the upcoming trip. I know there are things I have massively overlooked. I'm asking for two things if you will be so generous:

- What's happened that really deserves more attention on the blog?
- What do you want me to ask Nokia at CES?

I already have my questions ready but if there are any outstanding community concerns, I'd like to bring them up too.

Hope 2008 is great for everyone.
Pse. just tell them if can take a look at these forums posts. Ah, also remember them to get the gold watches ready for some forum users! (not for me, of course)
Happy 2008 and enjoy CES (lucky of you!)

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
...When are they going to start devoting adequate resources to the Internet Tablet project and give the community the support and respect it deserves.
+ 1,000,000...

With extra emphasis on the recent repository debacle and the last two OS upgrades being released a day before Nokia went on holiday.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I'm sure it's already on your list, but I'd love some more details about the IT/Maemo roadmap, specifically the five stages. Assuming the N810 is stage 2b, does this mean that each stage will include several devices (tailored to different users), or is it a strict 1-device-per-stage approach?

Some slightly more solid numbers about IT sales would also be great.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Will they offer another browser.

Any plans on the software side to improve the use/output for the camera?

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Thoughtfix, thank you for asking for our input. It is you who is being generous!

Q: Is A2DP profile included in the next firmware?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
I'm sure it's already on your list, but I'd love some more details about the IT/Maemo roadmap, specifically the five stages. Assuming the N810 is stage 2b, does this mean that each stage will include several devices (tailored to different users), or is it a strict 1-device-per-stage approach?

Some slightly more solid numbers about IT sales would also be great.
The N810 is stage 3.

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ London
Nokia could address a couple of nuisances.

1/ Upgrade the OS without needing a software re-install afterwards.

2/ Install/embed Calendar/ Contact/ To Do software with similar capabilities to the Palm - especially to run the same software suite on Windows/ Mac/ Linux for simple sync.

3/ Ditto a port of Thunderbird to sync with PC/ Mac/ Linux.

Other than that, for me the thing's damn near perfect.

Palm would have died long ago without its PIM facility so even if the IT is not meant to be a Palm, it'd do no harm to incorporate such a suite.

It was what killed the Psions for me, too. I wrote to them asking for a matching software suite for PC and they said I was wrong and it was not necessary. Yet in my office, as soon as Palm came along with its sync facilities, the journalists turned over it it. national newspaper journos are noted technophobes - but they could see this as a simple solution to never losing their contacts book again!