Active Topics

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Stamford, UK
Hi seem to have a problem when searching for UK addresses on the Wayfinder maps built into the N810. The search results come up correct but the map is displaying the totally wrong location. For example

UK Mapping.

Tap on binoculars, tap on Address, tap on City/Postcode.
Enter in Stamford. The autosearch finds Stamford, tap on this.
Enter In street name. Enter High Street. Autosearch finds High Street (PE9 2 South Kesteven). Tap on this then tap ok.

The map then displays Hight Street Harlaxton with a Pin marker saying Hight Street Billingborough!

Could someone test with there setup for this same example and post the results?

Thanks

Owen

If you click on the Pin and click details, it gives the address as High Street 65, NG34 0, Billingbrough, South Kesteven. There is something really strange going on. Type the names of streets surrounding High Street Billingborough (Harlaxton?) in to Google Earth and you get taken all over the place. I cant make head nor talis of it. Is there a way to report faults to the Wayfinder people?

The Following User Says Thank You to barton71 For This Useful Post:
Seems like the whole UK address database is screwed.

I can input an address which is only yards away from where i'm sitting, yet it displays maps for a location over 12 miles away. It seems to happen when the street name is common, for example Church Street. If you search for more obscure names, it seems to work ok.

The same results happen with either entering City Name then Street or Post Code then Street.

Owen

If others find address errors, please report it to Wayfinder on the following link:
http://www.wayfinder.com/?id=5500&lang=en-UK

Thanks

Owen