Active Topics

I have held off in reporting this problem until the initial rush of the reporting of flaws had abated somewhat.

When I use the Select Applets screen to select applets, they appear at first much the same as they did with past firmware updates (including those included in the Simple Launcher addition). But after running a few applications, the applets now mysteriously(?) disappear from the screen and have to be reset. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Also, I can't get the Simple Launcher bar to achieve transparency, even though I check the box for that feature.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Are you sure the Desktop isn't crashing? See the bug I filed here: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2614

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bonn, Germany
Simple Launcher crashes Desktop.
Desktop restarts with all applets disabled,
to avoid crash-restart-loop.

Thanks you guys for the quick response. I will remove Simple Launcher until it's perfected for OS800 (which I'm hoping it will be).

Oops! I spoke too soon. Even with the removal (un-installation) of Simple Launcher, the problem still exists. The only applet I wish to use is iphome, which I installed separately. Is iphome possibly another application not yet ready for OS800?

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Simple Launcher works fine on my N800 although transparency is still not working yet. It does not crash my desktop... in fact nothing crashes my desktop.... my N800 with 2008 is working to expectations.

Merry Christmas!

Omega

Originally Posted by omegaone37 View Post
Simple Launcher works fine on my N800 although transparency is still not working yet. It does not crash my desktop... in fact nothing crashes my desktop.... my N800 with 2008 is working to expectations.

Merry Christmas!

Omega
Omega: THAT seems to have solved the problem (in part). I deleted iphome and reinstalled Simple Launcher, and now everything stays in place. Except I don't have iphome anymore. Hope it returns in OS800 operable form. And Simple Launcher achieves the transparency option again. All hopes for the New Year. Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas to you, too. Jim

iphome unfortunately crashes my n810