Active Topics

I have to eat crow. I'm seeing quite a few hairline scratches in my N800 screen (less than two months old!) and two minor gouges. I've carried my Treo 700p for a year in the pants-pocket w/o a single scratch and I wrongly believed that my N800 would fare as well. Bzzzt! Thanks for playing! Now, I'm searching threads for the best SP. BTW, When my N800 is not on my desk, it's in a case. This (luckily minor, thus far) problem was inflicted my Nokia's stylus.

Just a warning...

The Following User Says Thank You to JeffElkins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
<snip> Now, I'm searching threads for the best SP.<snip>.
Great that your searching, but you still started a new thread .
I'd recommend just cutting up a piece of transparency material.
/edit for dyslexic keyboard
PLEASE use the Wiki

Last edited by gemniii42; 2007-12-23 at 22:41.

Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
Great that your searching, but you still started a new thread .
I'd recommend just cutting ip a piece of transparency material.
That's what I'm using now. I has one of those fellows one size fits most cut to size protectors on before. It scratched worse than the screen does. I need to figure out what protector came with my old dull axim. I put the second one that came with it on my zaurus. It's been on there for over two years and there's not a hint of a scratch. It was a tad thicker than overhead plastic and has a sticky side. I really like the stick on protectors better than the ones that slip under the screen bezel. I've had crap get under the latter and scratch the screen.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

The best screen protectors are Invisible shield, be wary their shipping is slow, but well worth the wait.

When you order the n800, it comes with a sp on it right? When i got mine, i just cut off the littlle reflective tab and works fine.

Originally Posted by mikey View Post
The best screen protectors are Invisible shield, be wary their shipping is slow, but well worth the wait.
Another vote for Invisible Shield. $12.95 may seem steep, but they are virtually indestructible. Check out their demo at invisibleshield.com. I ordered mine when they were offering a free micro-fiber bag as an incentive, and it ended up fitting the N800 better than the included pouch.

Originally Posted by Scarflash View Post
When you order the n800, it comes with a sp on it right? When i got mine, i just cut off the littlle reflective tab and works fine.
That's more of a screen shipping protector. It won't last as long as a real screen protector.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Hawaii
I'm using Boxwave ClearTouch Anti-Glare on my n800

Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I have to eat crow. I'm seeing quite a few hairline scratches in my N800 screen (less than two months old!) and two minor gouges. I've carried my Treo 700p for a year in the pants-pocket w/o a single scratch and I wrongly believed that my N800 would fare as well. Bzzzt! Thanks for playing! Now, I'm searching threads for the best SP. BTW, When my N800 is not on my desk, it's in a case. This (luckily minor, thus far) problem was inflicted my Nokia's stylus.

Just a warning...
I'm now in this boat, too. I clearly remember gloating over the mint condition of my N800's screen in a thread, here at ITT.

I'm guilty of using the stylus on a soiled screen. I've dropped my device from waist- high onto any number of unfriendly surfaces (asphalt/concrete/hardwood), once hard enough to pop the face-plate loose and knick the finish on the built-in stand .

Yes, I'm that clumsy. I've got three very light scratches on the screen, and a few dings on the edges. It's beginning to show some wear.

I'm getting some boxwave accecories for the holidays, thanks to my wife, lol. I ordered the rubberized second-skin and some screen protectors.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
I've had my N800 since early February, with no problems. I don't use a screen protector. I use the stylus only when I really have to. Not a helpful answer to your question, I know, but it suggests that you're right about the stylus being the culprit.