Active Topics

Arrhh!! I broke it after I had it for one day. This must be a personal record.

What did I do?

I installed several applications (xterm, the load plugin, abiword, ... and many others).
Then I rebooted because the load plugin needs one to work.
During reboot i didn't get a process bar anymore. After a while I still hear the nokia sound-tune but the screen remains white.

What did i try to solve it:
- reboot it again
- press several buttons
- (dis)connected power cable
- repeat above processes in random orders
- remove battery and reinsert
- remove memory card
- flashed it with te most recent image on the nokia site with the flasher utility - flash was succesfull
- shout very loudly at it
- left it for a day to cool down and try again

My (unexperienced) conclusion:
The device still works, i get sounds when i tap the screen, only problem is display
It could be a hardware problem ( nonono, please no). But in this case I would suspect no output at all. the screen lights up.
Or it could be a software problem where there is something wrong with the display driver. But i would suspect reflashing te device would solve this.
Unless the display driver is loaded from a rom or bios-like device that isn't upgraded when you flash.

More thoughts.. It reminds me of what I had with my old laptop when the screen was put in a wrong resolution. I hae the faint impressing that there are small variations in the white-ness. When I tilt it i can see vague lines on the screen, and these lines are not always in the same place. It so much feels like it's in the wrong resolution) (and my feeling is often right) but i can't back this with facts.

regards,
lizzy

Today I installed the Bluetooth Keyboard Plugin and after that I've the same result.

My Screen has vertical lines and the screen is like grey.

What's the best way to solve this error, I do not really like to flash it and to loose all my configuration. And did the flashing helps or is it a hardware error?

Thanks for any help

Mark

The Following User Says Thank You to osxmg For This Useful Post:
Hi,

as I said in a previous post:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=1442

there is no soluction, the device is broken... you shoud contact customer service to repair or refund your money...

They told me 5% were broke.