Active Topics

Notices

I dont get it ... I went to limewire and clicked on dload linux version and it is NOT installing on my tablet. I am a newbie is limewire not supported by tablets?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Linux is the platform, the architecture of ITs is not the same as PC.
You can not install things like that, you have to go to
http://www.gronmayer.com/it/
http://maemo.org/
+
Use the search function of the forum and put the name of the application.
People ported bittorent clients.

As Limewire doesn't provide the sources of the program, the easiest is to ask to limewire.com directly.

Sorry...

what is bitoreent client? Are there any apps you would recommend that works like limewire but is tailored for our tablets? How do I get music I have on my pc and transfer it to my tablet? What folders so I drag my music in? I'm so lost sorry!

Thanks,

Brian

Brian, the easiest way to transfer files two and from the tablet is with a memory card and memory card reader. It doesn't matter where you put them, if you are using kagu or ukmp, they will probably be found automatically. Use the file manager on the nokia to locate the file and then tap on it to play it in the media player.

If you don't have a media card reader, there are other ways to connect. It is possible that you will already be able to see your other computers from the nokia file manager, then you can just copy files wirelessly. If not, you can map them with samba protocol. If your computer has bluetooth, you can connect with that. The USB cable which came with your nokia can be used to mount the nokia as a removeable drive.

Bit torrent is a p2p sharing protocol where files are split up and distributed amongst users who seed and leech from eachother. It is great because it reduces bandwidth loads on a single server.

To use, you will have to find a torrent file then load that in the bit torrent program and that will connect you to seeders. As you download the file, others will connect to you and download the parts you have already gotten.

Hans thank you for your help... ALL OF YOU! I was wondering why there is no my music folder on our tablets? Can I create one? It seems much more organized and easier to access to have all your audio in one folder and video in another just like on our PC'S... I guess these tablets take some time and patience getting used to huh?

you can make any folder you want, you can do whatever you want to.

mkdir ~/"foldername"

mkdir /media/mmc1 or mmc2/"foldername"

mv mediafile "foldername"

Originally Posted by n810man913 View Post
I dont get it ... I went to limewire and clicked on dload linux version and it is NOT installing on my tablet. I am a newbie is limewire not supported by tablets?
No, LimeWire is written in Java, and Java doesn't run on Nokia Internet Tablets. And though there are efforts to have some kind of Java on the tablets, full Java (like on a desktop) will likely never run acceptably due to lack of processor and memory.

And, to answer a later question, if you want to make a new folder, you can use the File Manager.