Active Topics

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
I've just been playing around with VNSea in OS2008 on an N800 and have noticed something a little strange: when entering text into an application (such as an email program or notepad) on a Windows machine from the VNC client on the N800, everything I enter appears twice.

If I write "one two three" on the N800, it appears as "one two three one two three" on the PC.

This is a bit annoying when trying to enter info onto the PC via the N800 from a remote location. Anyone alse come across this and is there a simple solution.

Cheers!

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I've heard of that with other apps, and also reverse output. Seems to be a bug with the virtual keyboard in OS2008. I think I remember seeing a bug-report about it at Maemo bugzilla.

p.s. Is VNSea for OS2008 available for download or is this something you are working on?

Last edited by technut; 2007-12-08 at 10:58.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
Thanks for the reply Technut.

Actually I meant VNCViewer. VNSea is the the VNC viewer for the ipod touch - I have too many gadgets and get confused over the names of their particular apps.

So my question above was that VNCViewer of OS2008 sends the text entered twice - although as you point out this may be the keyboard bug.