Posts: 122 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Paris, France
Hi folks,

anybody had problems with n810 after inserting a SD memory card? Mine did not recognize the card (SanDisk miniSD, 2GB) and after I switched it off to retry the whole thing it did not come back to life. Dead!

Please help! I was starting to have real fun with the n810.

Thanks
Antonio

Be sure you really powered the thing down. Shut it down, pull the battery, remove the SD, reinsert the battery, hit the power button.

David

The Following User Says Thank You to djs_tx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by djs_tx View Post
Be sure you really powered the thing down. Shut it down, pull the battery, remove the SD, reinsert the battery, hit the power button.

David
Wow, it worked, wooff.
Thanks!
Antonio

I have a similar problem.

I switched the N810 off (with about 3 hours of battery life "in use" left) and it will not come back on again. I tried without the external power, with external power, removing the battery, removing the memory card, connecting it via USB to a PC and that in all different combinations.

I remember having a very similar experience with the N800. Then suddenly it worked. It seemed then that I had to have it on the charger for a long time before it came alive. Currently there is no sign of life for my N810....

Ah! Sometimes, just talking about it helps!

I left it on the charger for a while and suddenly I saw the charging icon on the screen. Pressing the power button switched it on, even with the charger disconnected. The battery life showed less than one hour. So I guess the indication at the time I switched it off was not correct and I must have switched it of just before it died out of lack of charge by itself.

It was a bit frightening though when it just stayed dead. I would expect it to power up with the charger connected even if the battery is completely empty.

I suspect that this is also what happened to noventa98 and that it had nothing to do with the memory card.

Cheers

Fiepel,

I am not sure it was the low battery, it might also have to do with my attempts to insert the SD card. You have to push hard the external cover to make sure the device sees the memory card.

I hope it won't happen again, but in case I will report if the trouble is related to a low battery.

Good luck.
Antonio

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
It might be a bug in the locking logic.
From what has been described in both cases it looks like the device gets locked and then doesn't respond to unlocking signals.

Cheers to soon!

It was not the empty battery! My N810 is dead again!

See my post here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=12794

I agree that it is probably a software issue.

Fiepel, sorry about that. Mine is doing fine. I still do not know what caused the problem.

However, one small piece of advice regarding the SD card, to correct my previous post: the card needs to be pushed in the slot with your finger or a pointed device BEFORE closing the slot with the cover.

I was able to upgrade the firmware, but not without problems...

I am going to follow the issue on the other thread.

Good luck,
Antonio