I've just implemented a very satisfactory scheme, which has removed any 810 keyboard envy I had. Big time.

It looks a bit ghetto, but works very well.

I put thin strips of velcro across the entire width of the front face next to the top and bottom edges. I put matching strips of the other side of the velcro on the bottom of the folded up iGo-type bluetooth keyboard.

Because the keyboard is almost exactly the same size as the 800, the result is that I can use the keyboard as a cover for the N800. Nice.

But wait: it gets better (and more ghetto:-) ). I then folded out the stand from the keyboard and removed the spring, so it's now just a flat piece I can fold out from the keyboard.

I put strips of velcro on the back of the N800, top and bottom, and matching pieces of velcro on the fold-out part.

The result is a reasonable solution to my biggest issue with using a BT keyboard: I can use the keyboard with the 800 while walking around.

It's not perfect: the part that folds out isn't attached firmly enough to support the 800, so you have to hold the combination by that part. But that's not a big inconvenience.

When the two are attached, well, it's not pretty. And my 800 now has bits of velcro all over it, ruining its otherwise pretty decent looks.

"Ghetto", all the way. But man, is this functional now.

This works so well that Nokia ought to seriously look at implementing a "real" version of it for the N900.
Attached Images

Dude that is awesome... You need to name it the "N805 Velcro Special"

How about some pictures?

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
that's looks cool i like the keyboard as well.