Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
I love the iphome applet. I'm always using ssh to connect to my device, and iphome gets my my IP address in my DHCP work environment.

When will iphome be ready for OS2008?

As an alternative, what repositories to I need to get libdbus1-2? I can't seem to find it. iphome requires that to install.

THanks.

-- Mike

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
It's one of my favourite apps - and the good news is that it works right now on OS2008. I'm using it right now.

Here's the trick - all you need to do is activate red pill mode and you'll see the lib you mentioned. Install that, then install IPhome and you'll be laughing.

(If you don't know how to activate red pill mode:
Go to "Tools > Application catalogue", click "New", enter "matrix" into the "Web Address" field, click "Cancel". Choosing the red pill will activate the red pill mode, obviously, and chosing the blue one will deactivate it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfresh For This Useful Post:
Great news, thanks ! IPHome is also indispensable to me. I don't use OS2008 yet, but it's good to know that it will be available when I upgrade !

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Also one of my favorite apps.
What is missing is transparency!! Looks awful and a bit too big like this.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Originally Posted by mfresh View Post
Here's the trick - all you need to do is activate red pill mode and you'll see the lib you mentioned. Install that, then install IPhome and you'll be laughing.
THanks! Unfortunately, I'm not laughing yet. I'm in red pill mode but can't see libdbus-1-2. Hence, my repository question. Maybe I just need the right repository.

What repository is libdbus-1-2 in?

THanks.

-- Mike

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
Sorry - you did indeed ask what repo libdbus-1-2 is in - silly me.

Now that I have it installed, I am not sure how I can figure out what repo libdbus came from. If there is an easy way to tell, let me know and I will establish which one it was and get back to you.

Failing that, I can tell you which repos I have configured in app manager: basically all 20 OS2008 repos listed at:
http://gronmayer.com/it/index.php?lang=en&system=maemo4

I was assuming (erroneously apparently) that it was in one of the pre-installed repos, but apparently not. But it must be on one of these 20.

So if you click to install all 20 of these in one go, and then go into red pill mode, I believe you will find the relevant lib, and pretty soon a chuckle will be forming in your belly. As it were.

I do hope this helps, and good luck!

Thanks! I went through all the repos there -- some have been added since I was there before.-- and now iphome installed.

And I am laughing!

Originally Posted by frethop View Post
I love the iphome applet. I'm always using ssh to connect to my device, and iphome gets my my IP address in my DHCP work environment.
I never used iphome for that. Connection Manager shows ip address out of the box. You shouldn't install anything eslse to get it.

Ed: You are right of course, but I, for one, have been using iphome for years because with it the ip address is always on display on my screen (with only one stylus tap) without my having to go to the Connection Manager to track it down requiring numerous stylus taps. It really simplifies my use of ssh.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
I like to see the number of TX ( and RX) errors.

Tags
idiot much?