Active Topics

So I flashed my N800 with OS2k8. I tend to lock the screen with FBreader running a lot, using the power button. After the flash, I've been having a problem with the tablet responding to the hardware keys after locking, leaving me to pull the battery to reboot.

I recall a similar problem under OS2007 on the N800 that was keymap related, but I can't find a reference or recall the solution.

Anyone else have this problem?

-- C

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
I have had this once a couple of days ago but it was only the d-pad centre button not responding. Damn frustrating but yeah a quick battery pull sorted it.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Bug #2311 - please add a comment or vote for the bug as for me it happens far too frequently (at least 50/50 chance of no buttons following a device lock) when in 2007 I never had this problem. Oddly it doesn't seem to affect everyone.

BTW - the workaround to restore button functionality is to pop out the camera (unless the camera is already out, in which case you may be able to restore buttons by closing then opening the camera, or you could still be totally screwed).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
OMG you gotta be kidding me, have been running the "legal" beta of OS2008 since its release and have had no problems was loving it, browser seemed to be more stable and everything seemed to be running a bit better the the last 2 updates then tonite I go to do the "Lock Touchscreen and Keys" and went to un-lock and low and behold NOTTA, no response from the center D-Pad key, none of the buttons are working now, unbelieavable..

Tried several times to repeat the problem and sure enough everytime does the same thing, and the only way out of it is to hard boot (remove the battery), that was until I found Milhouses' post about popping out the camera. But even after I did that none of the buttons will work without a full reboot, WTF..this seems to be a HUGE issue, even though it's beta, but still.

How many other's out there have yet to try this or to report it ? A bug for sure I'd have to say. (making a bugzilla acct as we speak)

Originally Posted by Cerebus View Post
So I flashed my N800 with OS2k8. I tend to lock the screen with FBreader running a lot, using the power button. After the flash, I've been having a problem with the tablet responding to the hardware keys after locking, leaving me to pull the battery to reboot.

I recall a similar problem under OS2007 on the N800 that was keymap related, but I can't find a reference or recall the solution.

Anyone else have this problem?

-- C
Weird.

I have another problem with FBReader on OS2008b.

It just doesn't show my .pdb ebooks when I try to open one. I never had this problem on OS2007 so I guessed it's because the new one is still beta.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Hi!

Originally Posted by grau View Post
I have another problem with FBReader on OS2008b.

It just doesn't show my .pdb ebooks when I try to open one. I never had this problem on OS2007 so I guessed it's because the new one is still beta.
Well, I tried that yesterday, and was totally surprised that fbreader did open my .pdb files (with zplucker content) that I copied to the N800. I am on OS2008 as well.

So for me: it does show my .pdb ebooks.

Regards,

Larde.