Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ London, UK
So I think I've found a solution that although not ideal works for me.

Firstt I downloaded a trial version of SyncMyCal from here installed onto my WinXp box (with Outlook 2007 installed), then installed GPEcalendar and Erminig on my N800.

Setup SyncMyCal to sync with Google calendar on the WinXP box, then setup Erminig to sync Google Calendar with GPEcalendar on the N800 and hey presto!

Bit of a roundabout solution but it seems to be working just fine for me. However it's not clear what the terms are for the trial version of SyncMyCal so it might just expire in 30 days or something. But at $25 it's not gonna break the bank to get a full license. To be honest though I would have much preffered for Nokia to get on top of this rather than having to pay for a third party service.

Anyways there it is, hope someone finds it useful!

Is this the only way that has been found so far?
-Ezra

I use gsyncit to get my outlook calendar to google and then Erming to sync from google to GPE calendar. Currently using the eval version of gsyncit so the sync from outlook to google is not automatic.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
This looked like a good idea to try, so I downloaded gsyncit and that worked fine but I can't seem to get Erming to synch gpe calendar on my N800. It keeps hanging while either downloading or processing Google events. Any ideas?

Fred

If you have a motorola phone and have phone tools then you can skip buying gsyncit.

The Following User Says Thank You to basco For This Useful Post:
ffarber:

Run erminig in debug mode and look at the resulting text file. I had the experience, and after deleting the offending contact, the sync completed without a problem. In my case, it was a repeating appointment. I sent a report to the creater of the program. It runs great now. Thanks, K.