Active Topics

Notices

Update (01/27/2009 ) :
Master of Gizmo Till Harbaum has done a build of the latest svn source code and pushed it to maemo-extras. This build contains upstream performance increases, maemo bindings, and Tills graphics/menus/and packaging and proper xerces libs distribution. As a user of this game myself, thanks Till! I assume he also includes support for his Tilt accelerometer discussed here.

Primary Download Method : Download from maemo extras repo

Alternate Distribution (ext2 appliance) : If you have my isomount package installed, you can download this latest build in an autorunnable chroot appliance by extracting this 25meg tar.gz file to a directory such as '/media/mmc2/fsimgs/' and then creating a personal menu shortcut such as 'ext2run /media/mmc2/fsimgs/enigma-svn1477-75meg.ext2'

The above ext2 uses Till's build which depends on libosso and dbus, so if for some reason it doesnt run (due to missing /var/lib/dbus/machine-id file on main fs), you can use this alternate ext2 image

--------

If you are interested in seeing more you can browse the site here or even download the desktop version to see what its like :
http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/

User manaual : http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/manual/enigma.pdf

Its a lot of strategy, alot of arcade/finesse, and -alot- of levels... like 1000 levels. It has great level browser too (although you need to wait while it generates thumbnails).

Controls are :
Stylus : drag to move ball
DPad left/right : increase/decrease ball speed
- : Cycle to next inventory item
FullScreen : Use inventory item
+ : Skip to next level
Escape : return to menu

Last edited by pipeline; 2009-01-28 at 12:50.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Well i made a minor release to reduce some mouse jumpiness... although to completely guarantee no jumpiness make sure when lifting stylus that you set it down in a slightly different area of the screen. I also removed a small unneeded library file.

In case anyone is wondering, i wanted this game because it truly is 'Desktop/UMPC' class running fairly well on the 800. This is truly a commercial quality game that you can spend many hours on... perfect to have available for long trips, etc.

So while i no longer carry my UMPC when im mobile, this is one more app which i don't have to give up. This should also be good for OS2008 and/or 810... the extra 80mhz and/or more internal memory should allow this to run the more complicated levels even better.

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-02-10 at 14:27.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ here and there
I cant wait to try this. Games are always a great addition for the IT.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Hmm, today i got my shiny new n800 and couldn't wait to install enigma. I installed the ReadyToRun package. It was added to the menu, but if i select the entry nothing happens. Not even the small "program is loading" thing is being shown.

Hmm, do you have xterm installed? If so try running enigma from there... If there are errors let me know what they say.

Wow. I've always thought that if Enigma got ported to the touch screen it would definitely be a perfect fit. You just proved that right. Good work!

I was expecting this to be some lib dependency problem, so i installed an xterm as you suggested. It's missing libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0

Now i have to find a repository to get that from ... shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks,
MoG

Ok, got it from "repository.maemo.org bora free" by installing tuxpaint from there. For some reason i wasn't offered to install the lib seperately, but i already knew that tuxpaint relied on it as well and i found that tuxpaint was installable.

The game is running fine. Now it's time to think about a port of my tilt dongle (http://www.harbaum.org/till/palm/adxl202)

Thanks again!

BTW: Would you mind putting the source code online as well?

I got sidetracked, glad you got it working (i though that library was default) and thanks zanglang. Some of the advanced levels dont work well (slow or weird on tablet)... but fortunately there are alot that do work and when you solve them it feels rewarding.

Sure i can post source, but im not sure how much i had to change, probably just default keymappings and mouse/touchscreen ignore threshold for ignoring changes between stylus lift and setdown. Most of the work was just figuring out how to compile xerces and place the lib and include files in directories which the toolchain was expecting them.

I would like to have had more time to spend on it but i haven't lately. I'll try to put together the source sometime (weeked maybe) but it will require you to manually move the xerces libs and headers to certain scratchbox directories i'll put in a readme.

Hah yes a tilt mechanism would be fun... expecially for marble games. Will the usb port support that kind of device?

Last edited by pipeline; 2007-11-07 at 03:24.

Well my enigma installers work on os2008.

As master of gizmo mentioned though, you will need libsdlttf2 or it just wont launch. This is same for 2007 as 2008 i just never noticed because i had it installed on 07.

I got that library by using redpillmode and installing it. not sure what repo it came from i only added memo repository chinook, maemo hackers chinook, and maemo extras (bora? quiver added)