Active Topics

How convenient is it to use a 770 with Mac OS X?

More specifically, do any of the available PIM suites allow convenient synchronization with Mac OS X PIM applications?

rwt

If you have Bluetooth on your Mac, just tell the 770 it's a phone. Then you can use the File Manager to get to anything on your Mac desktop. 2 cool.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Brussels
Hi,

Good question.... but....
There is no way that there is any kind of interaction with OSX applications.
It is just for surfing, mailing some games and then of course all the apps that are made by independent developers. It is called an internet tablet. A Nokia Representative recently stated that Nokia has no intention to develop any kind of PIM. They just made a choice of not trying to do everything. What an Ipod is for music is Nokia 770 for surfing. (I know you can drag some info of OSX apps on your Ipod but it is not a PDA)
I work with OSX also and you will have to Think Different : Your Phone syncs with OSX, you access on the road your .mac stuff with the tablet and other online apps.
Read my blog on what apps I use for more info.
Hope this helps !

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by AllThumbs
If you have Bluetooth on your Mac, just tell the 770 it's a phone. Then you can use the File Manager to get to anything on your Mac desktop. 2 cool.
This is a nice thing/trick ! Didn't know ! so you can drag and drop pictures or movies or whatever !

Thanks !

AllThumbs,

is this possible in with Windows XP? If it is, what do you need in XP?

kepler

The Following User Says Thank You to kepler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kepler
AllThumbs,

kepler
Sorry. Don't do no stinking windows any more.

Originally Posted by kepler
AllThumbs,

kepler
To access your XP Computer you need a USB Bluetooth dongle and if you have bluetooth but can't access your computer from the 770 it might be that you need to replace the default MS BT Stack with other drivers.

You can remove the MS BT Stack by (re)moving c:\windows\inf\bth*.*
Don't remove them if you want to use the XP stack in the future... you can backup the files somewhere.

I have installed the SCM drivers for my BT Dongle. You should install the drivers for your BT Dongle or integrated BT Card.

After I removed the MS Stack I could get other services for my BT on XP.

Cheers, Tom

AllThumbs, JPN, and others, Thanks for the advice.