Active Topics

Looks sweet- not sure how well it would work though.....

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cars/noki...ang-305211.php

....or what it does for you on the road....Still, it would be fun to have

Too bad it looks like crap. You'd think they could have hired a good customization shop to integrate them.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Too bad it looks like crap. You'd think they could have hired a good customization shop to integrate them.
On closer inspection.... you have a good point. They could have at least rounded the corners on the inserts. Plus, how do you access the full screen, zoom and power buttons? Unless it cantilevers out, which would be clunky.

Oh well, at least the N800 gets more press.....

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Call them beer goggles, but do my eyes see something other than an N800 in the left headrest? I'd swear that has a larger screen with missing/repositioned controls, or what am I missing?

Originally Posted by daveb70 View Post
Call them beer goggles, but do my eyes see something other than an N800 in the left headrest? I'd swear that has a larger screen with missing/repositioned controls, or what am I missing?
I think that's just the back of the cubby the N800 sits in. The color matches some of the other trim fabric.

geez...this is trash!....i LOVE my n800!!...it's a great PORTABLE DEVICE!..but, the portability is not a requirement for installing in a car really...if you're gonna put internet accessible stations inside a vehicle, the screens should be BIG...touch of course...and a UI which can be used by the least tech-oriented person...the other thing is...it has to LOOK good....the thing Nokia misses in my opinion is the beautiful industrial design aspects in a lot of its products...don't get me wrong...i think Nokia is a great company!...but lots of room for imrovement of course!

That's a lot of dots....

Aww, man! Just saw this. Looks like they just recycled the n800 mounts from their mini cooper design.

http://codeposts.blogspot.com/2007/0...ooper-car.html

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Aww, man! Just saw this. Looks like they just recycled the n800 mounts from their mini cooper design.

http://codeposts.blogspot.com/2007/0...ooper-car.html
look closely, canola almost matches the blue mini interior ! - lol