Active Topics

Ovi Maps not working after PR1.1 update???

When I click on the maps icon, it shows the Ovi maps splash screen and the status bar just slides back and forth. Been like this for 5+minutes. Restarted phone and same problem.

Has anyone else come accross this problem?

And yes OVi maps did work before the update, although I do not know if it worked after PR1.01
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
its working fine for me.. i just used it few mins ago.. to test it..

The Following User Says Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
It works fine on mine before and after each updates, just double checked again and it was working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to hwong_pz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by goodfellabk718 View Post
Ovi Maps not working after PR1.1 update???

When I click on the maps icon, it shows the Ovi maps splash screen and the status bar just slides back and forth. Been like this for 5+minutes. Restarted phone and same problem.
Test internet connection to OVI maps

1. open X-Term
2. type "telnet maps.ovi.com 80"

If you doesn't see word "Connected" - check you Internet connection.
If you see.... well, they are overloaded today - many people test it.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys, I guess im gonna have to reflash the device. There's no way to just uninstall maps and reinstall that is there?
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Test internet connection to OVI maps

1. open X-Term
2. type "telnet maps.ovi.com 80"

If you doesn't see word "Connected" - check you Internet connection.
If you see.... well, they are overloaded today - many people test it.
hmm, ok goodpoint, will try now

ok finally was able to reflash my device and still no go. telnet works, says connected to maps.ovi.com.

reflashed with USA version, however still sits at the loading screen, 10+ and still nothing. Just a Black screen with the text "Maps", a blue bar going back and forth slowly and the "ovi nokia" icon with the text "maps.ovi.com" why?

In this state, what is it doing? is it trying to configure a file, trying to get a connection/link to sat, what?!! I wish i knew what it is doing at this point. Maybe then i could replace/edit a file or.....somethin' i dont know but im turning green......Hulk green and i dont wanna smash this little piece of ****, but its getting close.

Edit: I can ssh into my n900, Im looking at maploader in "/home/user/MyDocs/cities" and its empty, is it suppose to be? diskcache has folders 0-9,a-f and some other files

Last edited by goodfellabk718; 2010-01-15 at 01:36.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Mine is working perfect and faster.
With new menu and options since the upgrade.

can anybody SSH into there device and tell me if there is anything in the maploader folder.

And no offense, i know it works but i need a resolution.

EDIT:
ok, what does this mean:

in xterm, running "top" while ovi maps is stuck on the load screen,
pid=2727 ppid=1 user=user stat=S RSS=39104 mem%=15.8 %CPU=2.3 and Command= /usr/bin/nokia-maps /usr/share/nokia-maps/html/index.html 2>/dev/null

Last edited by goodfellabk718; 2010-01-15 at 03:59.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Indore, India
I am able to launch the Maps and is working properly and fast, but i cant see the "track me" button while routing anymore. Is the feature removed?