Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ England, UK
The entry price for the board would be insurmountable for me to set aside for a project with this much drama. Denying the vagueness of the version of interest implied on the original donation page is not professional. Either pull up your socks or, I am only going to wait until the board starts shipping.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paspie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Hmm... Why does the original donation page still matter at all? I don't understand the discussion that's happening right now...

During the transfer of funds from Goldelico to Neo900 UG every donor has been given an option to either get their money back or accept new rules as defined on neo900.org. If we're talking about the wording on neo900.org, then fine, but rules from Goldelico page literally don't matter anymore (and the transition was IMO very fair for donors, with refund as default option and transfer plus accepting new rules as opt-in; so the rules haven't been changed behind anyone's back), so I don't see the point in discussing them now. I'm confused

Last edited by dos1; 2017-08-27 at 16:20.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
100% ACK @DOS1
Plus it seems pretty unfair to assume stuff like "vagueness of the version of interest implied on the original donation page" while no archived version of the website as it been back when gets supplied to back up that accusation
NOT AMUSED :-/
Also note that we don't grant any interest to new customers anymore, so the whole discussion is flicking a dead horse

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
One would think that a thread that gathers only the true old Maemians that survived on TMO for this many years, whose reference of the ultimate smartphone is the almighty N900, would also concentrate wisdom, patience and good faith in a people-driven endeavour to ressuscitate and strengthen the said almighty... But in fact there is so much anxiety and tension here, it's a bit sad.

This being professional or not is not such a big deal, we haven't pledged for the professional and commercial bits, but for supporting a small bunch of people like us (admittedly more skilled and motivated) into the huge amount of work required to make the Neo900 happen. They are Maemians like us, not Nokia headquarters, we should be supportive (which doesn't prevent us from giving opinions, but no need to push further on the professionalism).

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-08-27 at 22:16.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
re "I am only going to wait until the board starts shipping" maybe we were not clear enough about that yet: The first batch gets built to order, which means: there won't be a stock on sale and you can't order a device from the first batch when it starts shipping.
We will take preorders for batch #2 at that time. If such second batch will ever get to production depends on number of preorders which again will need to reach a certain threshold

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
If we're talking about the wording on neo900.org, then fine, but rules from Goldelico page literally don't matter anymore...
Then it is settled. Remove that wording. Tis a simple action that will add to the clarity surrounding this potentially confusing matter.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Why does the original donation page still matter at all?
Because people have longer memory than you would like them to have.

What you promised 4 years ago constitutes a verbal contract. You did not say in that promise that the conditions would change. You promised delivery with less than a year timescale. On such timescales, compund or non-compound interest does not make that much difference. But four years is a long time. A 2% compound monthly interest over 4 years results in 259% of your original investment.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
But what do you care whether it is compound intest or not?

I have to confess I had forgotten this while intrest-on-preorder thing, and 2%/month is ridiculous anyway since bank interest is on the order of 2%/year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
juiceme, let me know which bank! And I will put all my free pocket money there
Here we receive about 0.1 (or even only 0.05)% for standard accounts nowadays.

The 'interest' was a nice gesture to reach more investors. And the monthly even more. So I do not care if it is with compound or not.
But I fear that this 'interest thing' could lead the project into financial issues.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
juiceme, let me know which bank! And I will put all my free pocket money there
Here we receive about 0.1 (or even only 0.05)% for standard accounts nowadays.

The 'interest' was a nice gesture to reach more investors. And the monthly even more. So I do not care if it is with compound or not.
But I fear that this 'interest thing' could lead the project into financial issues.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!