Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
I have a couple of N9's with the same twitter account and Rocket can't authorize on one of them. If I only knew where to look, I could try to overwrite the necessary config file(s) by just dragging them from one device to another. I skimmed through the system for Rocket related files using WinSCP, but couldn't find anything that holds the authorization/token information. Either it is well hidden, or it is embedded in the accounts database.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
I have a couple of N9's with the same twitter account and Rocket can't authorize on one of them. If I only knew where to look, I could try to overwrite the necessary config file(s) by just dragging them from one device to another. I skimmed through the system for Rocket related files using WinSCP, but couldn't find anything that holds the authorization/token information. Either it is well hidden, or it is embedded in the accounts database.
for me it opens a url in a browser, i copied the link to my pc and then typed the pin showed, into the app

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
for me it opens a url in a browser, i copied the link to my pc and then typed the pin showed, into the app
but it doesn't load the feed

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov

Has anyone figured this out? Is it a problem that is generated by doing a restore from a backup? Or, is it a more general problem, and it is no longer possible to log in, so once you reflash or restore from backup or even just log out, you forever lose the use of the app? So even a new user who tries to install Rocket for the first time is out of luck?

Rocket is still working fine on one N9 but not the one I did a restore for (not reflash, just a simple restore from backup broke Rocket; tho both devices have been set up a long time ago with flash to open-mode kernel). At least for reading tweets, Rocket is very nice when I am logged in properly (I do not tweet, just read). It even works on my home screen feeds and looks much nicer than the native Twitter app feeds (because that just shows a white egg for all users) so I have that turned off. It would be nice to have Rocket working on both devices (because I have 2 SIM cards, each with unique advantages).

The weird thing is, on the one it's not working, when I tap the button to sign in, that takes me to an authorization site (internal browser) then I'm texted an authorization token and then I enter that, so all seems fine but then when it takes me back to the app, I'm not logged in. That's what's happening now, and before, it seemed to log me in but the feed was empty. So the app does not receive/store the authorization properly? I'm curious if the restore from backup causes some sort of mismatch in my device, that prevents this from working? Not critical to get this working (N9 is my main Phone but I have other devices for other stuff) but it would be cool if it worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to dini For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dini View Post
The weird thing is, on the one it's not working, when I tap the button to sign in, that takes me to an authorization site (internal browser) then I'm texted an authorization token and then I enter that, so all seems fine but then when it takes me back to the app, I'm not logged in.
I guess the internal browser is the problem. You need to use Opera.
Try to figure out where this authorization token gets saved or where you could type it in (I don't know the rocket app...).
Copy the link from the internal browser and open it in opera. Write down the code and update your rocket settings.

Thanks Halftux for the suggestion. Someone else in this thread mentioned something like that, that they copied the link from Rocket, but the internal browser does not show the link, so maybe that was for signing up rather than signing in. Also, Opera is my default browser, and when I tap "privacy policy" rather than "sign in " on the Rocket welcome page when it launches, then instead of the internal browser, Opera launches (to show me a Twitter page, the privacy policy). Likewise, if I tap the "sign up" button, that opens a Twitter site in Opera (and I'm told that my browser is no longer supported). In other words the sign in button only allows launching the internal browser and does not show me what this link is, even though the other buttons launch Opera from which I can copy links.

Now I'm back to being signed in like before but everything is empty, like before; no feed, no search results, no lists, and on my account page, no info about me (my name and username fields are empty), and when I add the info and tap "update," it is still empty when I come back to it. But there is a tappable Sign Out button, so I'm sort of signed in, maybe. Plus now when I launch Rocket, it no longer shows me the sign in/sign up page but instead, the empty feed. I bet there is something I could copy over from my working Rocket account on my other N9 and then it would work, since the app is authorized for my account but not really logged in. But it thinks it's logged in. I'd think it just no longer can work but again it is working on my other N9 that did not get the backup-restore procedure, something I had expected to be non-destructive.

Rocket is still available on Warehouse (5k downloads, 15 upvotes, 5-star app....). So I was thinking I had a unique problem because it broke upon a backup/restore data step. But the last comment for Rocket on Warehouse is from over 2 years ago (and it happens to be mine!). Very sad because it is a nice app.

Last edited by dini; 2019-01-07 at 03:44.

same problem at me, original twitter app or tweettian are not working. empty and refresh shows server or connection error.

and rocket dosent show anyhting, blackscreen, refresh but not showing

Last edited by youFailed; 2019-08-05 at 20:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to youFailed For This Useful Post:
I think it is a different problem now because Tweetian and native client worked on both of my N9s, and Rocket on one but not the other, but as of sometime in July (I think), all Twitter is broken. So Twitter must have recently changed something in the API and broke all the older apps.

Rocket especially was really nice because you could set it to show as feeds on the notification screen (like the Native client but better).

But now there is no more twitter. I am very sad about that because I will now probably move from N9 being my primary phone (not sure because it is still nice and I like being able to charge my phone only once a week or so; N9 is still great as a telephone). But Twitter completely breaking now on all apps is probably the last straw for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to dini For This Useful Post:

Tags
rocket, twitter