Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
This is a thread to list down on how better the N900 to the iphone4 (jailbreak) or what the N900 can do and the iphone 4 Jailbreak can't.

List me some good one so I can bring it up when the right time to use it. I believe other people would want to know as well.

My cousin owned an Iphone4 Jailed break and he said that who would use the FM Radio now a day? It's useless and very noisy, and most importantly it's an old Technology!! Why need FM when you can just stream off the Internet and play MP3?

He strictly said that Iphone4 is the best phone in the world, period. No other phone can ever compare with the mighty iPhone4.
And then he said the N900 is an old technology even the touch screen is crap comparing to his Retina screen.

Then he is on and on about the iMovie map tagging, HD bullcrap, hyping over his 3G connection is very fast.. The touch experience is amazing blah blah blah..

Retina screen enhancing the reading experience and iBook application is the best application ever. No other device out there can ever have this much clarity and elegance and even better than reading the real book.

It is hard to arguing with him when ever I said something he said do you have proof and do you have the reference?

So I should ask the community to give me some good run down of what the Jailbreak Iphone can't do and give me a strong point to shut those iSlave people off.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-08-22 at 04:11.

I don't get why people feel the need to insult everyone else for not owning the same phone that they themselves do.

Be happy with what you have and just accept that people have different opinions.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I don't get why people feel the need to insult everyone else for not owning the same phone that they themselves do.

Be happy with what you have and just accept that people have different opinions.
Yeah that's what I said to him, and then he said oh is that meant you surrendered and admit that you're phone is gay?

I said "each individual buy a device that will meet their need of usage and expectation. If your device is the best then it may be not to me. To me I like an open device and freedom"

He said "Open but no applications, all your applications are ****."
He also said "Why would you need dual LED for camera? One LED is enough and even better than two for taking picture and video".

be the bigger man and tell him whatever helps him sleep at night.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
your cousin is an idiot, don't stoop to his level. if you like n900 better that is all the reason you need.

if you need to measure yourself against him via purchases and equipment, well, that speaks to a serious shortcoming. grow a pair

Well, for one, your N900 has an antenna that works when you hold the phone ...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thearcane For This Useful Post:
Anyone here know what is the LED flash spec on the Iphone 4? I'm trying to find a solid information so I can quote on that once day when he dissing the Dual LED

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
I live in an area where everyone and their grandmother owns an iPhone and a Mac (I can't count the times an iPhone user has looked at my clunky N900 and commented "you paid how much for that thing?! dude, mine only cost $199, and it does everything I need"). From daily observations at work and out at play, I'd venture out to say the average iPhone user doesn't really know, nor care, what his/her iPhone can or can't do. Trying to explain that FaceTime is an old invention, iPhone's multitasking still lags behind, or that most phones actually don't have the iPhone's antenna design flaw, is like telling a BMW owner his car isn't very fuel efficient. Moot point. Doesn't matter. To an iPhone owner, the iPhone is the ultimate phoning machine.

Us N900 users get wrapped around specs, hardware, open source this, overclocking that, meanwhile the iPhone user spends this time merrily listening to iTunes while browsing MyFace or Spacebook. And it seems they are typically happy with their iPhone/Pod/Mac product, because Apple does produce a well polished end-product.

But if you are in the niche market, like the guy running Linux servers and syncing his data by using Easy Debian, N900 might've been the only one around six months ago to get the job done. But based on your concern of trying one-up your cousin, I doubt you are that guy.

Enjoy your N900 in peace and quiet, let the mine vs. yours debate revolve around some more important subject than luxury electronic gadgets.

Last edited by frostbyte; 2010-08-22 at 04:51.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Well first of all lets get something straight, you and your cousin are comparing the iphone 4 (launched within the last 2 months) to the n900 (9-10 months old). I'm not saying the n900 is inferior or outdate, but It's not surprising if it were right?

be reasonable the n900 should be compared to the iphone 3gs if at all. And if that's the case, respectively the iphone 4 should be compared to the n9 when that's release soon, that's a much better comparison.

PRICE:
From where I am (asian community, in america) if you don't get a free phone (or subsidized phone), the dealers give you $450 in a mix of account credit and gift cards. pretty much you don't have to pay for a few months AND you get a few hundred in gift cards. I bought my n900 for $470 after a mix of rebates and amazon cashback, so do the math, it only cost me 20 bucks cause i didn't get a phone with the carrier.

FEATURE
I'm sure theres a lot of people going to comment on this post so i'll just post 1 thing that the iphone can't touch, is the web experience, you know
e.g. when you go to the webpage with the popup menus (lets take http://slickdeals.net/ for example) when you hover over the navigation menu at the top it gives you a drop down menu, well you could get the same menu in your n900 browser using the cursor, just like you can in your desktop.
some people don't think that's a big deal but sometimes I don't even know how to get where i'm going without using that feature. and it's even more evident when using it in a panable menu inside another panable menu

Last edited by RogerTHAcctant; 2010-08-22 at 05:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogerTHAcctant For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Does it really matter? Last I checked, there's more than one manufacturer for similar items out there for the simple reason that people should be free to choose whichever option they deem is a better fit for them.

In simpler terms, if he's happy with it. So be it. It's a good match for him. And vice versa.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: