Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Hi,

TL;DR: I want to get into bios on Jolla Tablet or reset the bios.

I'm in process of restoring a Jolla Tablet. The tablet went into a boot loop after a failed upgrade.

I'm unable to boot into dnx, I can get into droid boot but the "recovery" entry just reboots the tablet. I've tried from several PC's (both Windows- and Linux-based) both USB2 and USB3 but none can detect the tablet as it doesn't show up in lsusb (Linux) nor Device Manager (Windows 10).

I have been able to connect a keyboard via getting into the BIOS by pressing F2 but after it does work anyone. While my USB hub lights up as soon as it boots I'm only able to active Caps Lock after ~5 seconds.

Does anyone know if this indicate that I might have disabled USB doing boot in settings? I don't think I disabled this but not totally sure.

After the ~5 seconds the only keys that seems to have any function beside Caps Lock is Ctrl+Alt+Del which reboots the tablet.

Does anyone know if there's a shortcut to either reset the bios or get into the bios settings in my state? Would it be possible to touch some pins on the motherboard to reset CMOS without damaging the tablet?

Security boot is still enabled and the boot order is unmodified.

Many thanks in advance.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post: