Active Topics

Just spoke to Nokia USA.. they don't have Stylus for N800..

I am willing to paid $20 for 3.. if someone can find a way to make it work.. as in bulk purchase from some where.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
This place seems to have the replacement stylus availiable for $13.95 but they charge nearly $10 for shipping! I'd be willing to order 2, one for me and one for you, if we could split the shipping cost.

http://www.cellphone-repair-shop.com/0269433.htm

The Following User Says Thank You to HalSF For This Useful Post:
good god!

even shipped free thats a bit steep, I better not lose my second one...
I use a pen/stylus thingy from staples and leave my last oem styli in the device.

(its not often I get to use the word "styli" in a sentence)

but thanks for the heads up, I've looked from time to time to no avail its good to know there out there even at that price, maybe the Chinese will knock them off like every thing else these days, I got a casio g-shock atomic & solar watch from fleabay and I'm almost 100% sure its a knock off.

Id like to see an all metal stylus for the n800, even third party

bhang

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
It is indeed a steep price and a frustrating dilemma. I lost my spare stylus and live in fear that I'll misplace the other. Keepin' my fingers crossed!

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Chattanowhere TN
The Nitendo DS stylus fits in the n800 slot, not perfectly but good enough, its a little snug, and the end pokes out a little bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman0124 For This Useful Post:
That's pricy, alright. Better than no options of course, but it's very good to know about the DS stylus as another option. Myself, I haven't lost any, but it's always good to know there's a backup in case I get incredibly unlucky.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This place is in theoretical driving distance from me. One of these days I'll give them a call and might be able to evade the shipping cost.

I wonder why a Nokia stylus would be available from a place like this and not from Nokia? This place must order them from Nokia, correct?

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
The situation seems hopeless, at the time of making my post no 6 on the thread I ordered - via my brother in Dublin - and received a pack of 3 from Nokia Ireland.

I have just checked and the page has gone.

It was my intention to buy a stash and distribute them to ITT members but it looks like I am too late. Sorry.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Eastern U.S.A.
Originally Posted by bhang View Post
...maybe the Chinese will knock them off like every thing else these days
The Chinese (or someone) has, I bought three (complete with screen cloth) from a guy on eBay, and only 1 of the 3 fit. There was also what I think is metal flash (little bits that stick out from molded items), on the shiny brand name part, which felt like it was going to prick my finger until I wore it down.

I'm downright fond of the leather N800 case I bought from one of these Hong Kong guys on eBay, but the styli are hit-or-miss. Still, when one is desperate...

I have tried to get into the habit of using some pen/stylus things, as they even fit better into my hand, but there's something to be said for having the thing that sticks right into the side of the device always handy.

Last edited by pa28pilot; 2008-05-24 at 08:40. Reason: part of sentence missing