Notices

Similar issue here.

ValueError: No plugin found with filter 'SystemProperties'

Installed perfectly, many thanks. It's great being able to stop it refreshing the folders every time. Also, canola tuning plugin now refuses to work, although it's nothing major. I think you guys should have a well deserved rest

@gregorovius: @svu: Please run it as:

$canola -vv

And paste the backolog somewhere. This will produce a lot of debug messages which are helpful.

@Cabadena: maybe you installed the old of the plugin. Wait a few minutes and check for updates in the application manager. The correct version of the plugins follow:

youtube: 0.2.0-maemo1
last.fm: 0.1.2-maemo1
tuning: 0.2.0-maemo1
upnp: 0.1.2-maemo1

Updated plugins. Seems to be fine now. Thanks again!

Works fine after running canola-cleanup. Ogg works as well with ogg-support-lightmediascanner from the kulve repo. Thanks a lot to the whole Canola team.

edit: the tuning plugin is downloading the covers, but canola isn't displaying them. is it working for anybody else?

Last edited by gregorovius; 2008-10-07 at 23:17.

Wow, somehow the way comments are presented in the updated YouTube plugin makes the experience even more surreal than the normal YouTube commenting. Every comment is on a menu with the first little bit as the title. Click on the title and the comment opens up in full. Pick your poison kind of thing. The part that makes it all really strange is how the comment becomes the center of attention instead of a little distraction beneath a video.

Impressive

0.10 is working great for me. The multiple album entries I had dealt with earlier were reverted to all being separate albums, but that was fixed pretty quickly.
The 60 second science podcast works now. Yay!

I still smile every time I use Canola. The interface is so clever and simple...

Last edited by Picklesworth; 2008-10-07 at 23:29.

Now, another trouble - trying to play any mp3, getting "File not found". Rescanned my media already.

In "canola -vv" I see:
1223422259.6705 ^[[1;31mERROR^[[0m ^[[1mcontroller:565:_player_error()^[[0m Player's Controller Error: 9 - File not found.

@svu: Works for me here. Please check the version of Canola. It must be ~beta10-maemo2. If it doesn't work, please remove the /home/user/.canola dir.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Seems faster for drawing the screens. The animations and scrolling are smooth, no more tearing. Its still slow in loading the music, but its good...

Tags
beta10, canola2, installation