Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
I hate the idea of having a phone that's designed to show me ads. Besides that it'll probably be a fine device. It's funny how people seem to want better and better computers in their pockets, but they won't buy them unless they are "phones". So now all this technology is seeping in through the GSM-backdoor

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
It's funny how people seem to want better and better computers in their pockets, but they won't buy them unless they are "phones". So now all this technology is seeping in through the GSM-backdoor
I agree. It has occurred to me that the WiFi + bluetooth connectivity of the IT is seen as a limitation by mainstream users. As soon as you talk about DUN through their GSM phone, they get the look of lost sheep. It may be because of the pairing process and/or because some cellular networks in US tend to restrict tethering or other aspects of data service, but the problem is there.

After bouncing through Japan on the way over to the big sandbox a couple years ago, I decided most US cell services are crap, and just milking us of our money and giving us the bare minimum of services. After using a linux handheld of some type for over three years, I'll probably never go back to a win-mobile device.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
After bouncing through Japan on the way over to the big sandbox a couple years ago, I decided most US cell services are crap, and just milking us of our money and giving us the bare minimum of services. After using a linux handheld of some type for over three years, I'll probably never go back to a win-mobile device.
Whats windows and linux mobile devices have to do with services(unless they were to seperate comments)?

I am a linux fan but as far as mobile software/os from linux, I do think that windows mobile devices have a better backbone for mobility now. Linux eh.. slow development/bad software base. I'm still waiting for a program like world mate on my linux device and a proper/working office suite. I had a ppc before my n800 and I can tell you I've never had to wait so long for buggy software to come out, not to mention my wm software never crashed on me +++ better hardware and proper graphic drivers so my videos never had to suffer so hard.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
Go Google, go google, go google.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ NY Metro Area, US
;-)

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ghlight=700mhz

They are up to something and it's going to be big! I'm talking paradigm shift big, not iphone big.

For some reason, I love Google and I would buy their phone in a second.

I don't really care about the little advertisements to much, one thing being that they can be helpful, and two because... well... they just don't bother me.

Besides, if Google decides to put it's weight behind something... You know it's gonna kick some serious ***.

If Google sticks to their "do no harm" policy, then I hope they deploy their own cell phone and wireless data networks and stomp the other over-charging carriers into the ground.
Especially if they deploy WiMAX on the same towers.
700Mhz freq for voice and 2.5Ghz for WiMax data.
Of course, Sprint and Nextel have pretty much locked up 2.5 Ghz so Google will have to deal with them, probably nothing more than a WiMax roaming agreement.

A google phone would probably be pretty cool, but why does it look so ugly. It looks like some baby toy.
"less is like more but better"

The Following User Says Thank You to NokNok770 For This Useful Post: