Notices

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is my 3rd thread about weather stuff...I just like it, not obsessed

OK, it looks like this:

1. It works with OMWeather, so you need to install and configure it.

2. Install imagemagick from extras.
Code:
root
apt-get install imagemagick
3. Download THIS and extract to /home/user/imagemagick/

4. open Xterminal:
Code:
root
chmod 777 /home/user/imagemagick/*
5. Edit /home/user/imagemagick/weather.sh

(change name of XXXXXXXX.xml file)

6. To make it update automaticaly (every 30min), make new QBWidget and import THIS

To update it manualy, you can do:

Code:
root
sh /home/user/imagemagick/weather.sh

Hope you'll like it.
Thanks

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Very nice work. I especially like that it uses OMWeather instead of some other weather source. I had to update my old scripts to use another weather source once yahoo changed it's template format one too many times. Using and existing pull is a lot cleaner. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
As you may already know, that script was my inspiration to make THIS, so it wouldn't depend on yahoo weather but still has same icons. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
woah! s*** just got real

awesome work duder

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
hi there first of all great lockscreen
but im having a problem getting it to display as it should i've followed instructions 2-3 times now with same outcome.
all i get is the main black background the icicle in the top right corner with no other stuff displayed no writing or anything.
is there anything anyone can suggest i try or check?
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to hycraig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Some inconsistencies with my OmWeather xml files, but nothing that can't be adjusted with some small script modifications. Thanks a lot, that's a really nice one!

@hycraig - did you already tried to issue the ./weather.sh command via terminal? If not, try it and look at the outcome. Bump again for any help

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hycraig View Post
hi there first of all great lockscreen
but im having a problem getting it to display as it should i've followed instructions 2-3 times now with same outcome.
all i get is the main black background the icicle in the top right corner with no other stuff displayed no writing or anything.
is there anything anyone can suggest i try or check?
thanks
As jurop88 sugested, try to run weather.sh via terminal, BUT before every run you have to open /home/user/imagemagick/check.txt and erase everything in it. (that would mean that weather has changed and script will do its job)

Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
@hycraig - did you already tried to issue the ./weather.sh command via terminal? If not, try it and look at the outcome. Bump again for any help
i just updated the weather now it looks more like its not displayed in the correct position?

Originally Posted by dzano View Post
As jurop88 sugested, try to run weather.sh via terminal, BUT before every run you have to open /home/user/imagemagick/check.txt and erase everything in it. (that would mean that weather has changed and script will do its job)
heres what i get

/home/user/imagemagick$ ./weather.sh
sh: gs: not found
convert: unable to read font `fonts/tahoma.ttf' @ warning/annotate.c/RenderType/807.
convert: unable to read font `/usr/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.0/config//usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/n019003l.pfb' @ error/annotate.c/RenderFreetype/1044.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/var/tmp/magick-XXu98UMH': /magick-XXicJPvJ.cache @ error/ps.c/ReadPSImage/766.
convert: unable to read font `fonts/tahoma.ttf' @ warning/annotate.c/RenderType/807.
convert: unable to read font `/usr/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.0/config//usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/n019003l.pfb' @ error/annotate.c/RenderFreetype/1044.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/var/tmp/magick-XXAushhR': /magick-XXmkkMAV.cache @ error/ps.c/ReadPSImage/766.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/var/tmp/magick-XXSddJxa': /magick-XXA3ZwCh.cache @ error/ps.c/ReadPSImage/766.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/var/tmp/magick-XXF4pF7v': /magick-XXuzcdfy.cache @ error/ps.c/ReadPSImage/766.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/var/tmp/magick-XXzh3hpF': /magick-XXkkQWiI.cache @ error/ps.c/ReadPSImage/766.
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/var/tmp/magick-XXhe5pXS': /magick-XXCt9UMY.cache @ error/ps.c/ReadPSImage/766.
thanks

Please send me yours xxxxxxx.xml file.

Did you chmod 777 all files?
Code:
root
chmod 777 /home/user/imagemagick/*
Did you edited weather.sh using windows notepad? (don't do that)

Tags
lockscreen, weather