Active Topics

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
Or sister
Or fruit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Bb10 iss running a closed crap os and you ned to sign the apps to even upload free apps so no go for those who like open platforms...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
I will be pushing my app to be App World, after all porting should be easy considering it's Qt. And I think most developers are waiting for BB10, no point releasing for the current BB OS.
No its not fully qt if I understand it correct they dont use qtdeclarative instead they use theyr own qml engine if I understand it right from some twittef feed... ?

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
No its not fully qt if I understand it correct they dont use qtdeclarative instead they use theyr own qml engine if I understand it right from some twittef feed... ?
I think they use QML, but not Qt Components - they have something quite similar called "Cascades".

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Halemba
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I'm in love with BB10 UI It really feels like N9's younger brother!!!
more like old crippled uncle. I've seen those videos. And I WILL never buy BB phones. cripled gestures... While i use my n9 everyone arround are amazed how smooth it works. How natural the gestures are. And idea of vertical app drawer is just Horrible. It looks like first versions of MIUI (android chinese mod). I understand you can polish some things before relese but they do not have much time. Every week makes people buy Android devices, shity iShit and WP mess.
And I wont buy Jolla if there will be significant upgrade of hardware. Much much faster CPU, bigger and less glosy screen (lcd of OLED whatevar!)

Bb10 iss running a closed crap os and you ned to sign the apps to even upload free apps so no go for those who like open platforms...
It's a standart in mobile ecosystem exept Meego and Android ;]
If nokia will stay with only WP phones and symbian (are new devices on the market exept PureCamera 808?)
I would buy device like N9 with android(or alien davlik cache) and UI from meego. Why? Android (fault of vendor and closed drivers) made so huge impact on linux kernel itself. It made not possible to run alternatives that are not Android specifc ( do you see lot of android devices that can normally run Ubuntu without a huge amount of work to port drivers?)
And Why I do not like android now? After the SGS2 android devices become so much user ended so there's no itch to tinker arround and install CM (my brother has SGS3 and there's no point of rooting and applying what ever mod exept change of icons... Wow)
MeeGo forced me to tinker with it to polish few things and i have it just for a week and I LOVE IT :]

The Following User Says Thank You to WallAR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I'm in love with BB10 UI It really feels like N9's younger brother!!!
That is very much what I have been expecting all along and I am not disappointed at all. It looks like RIM have successfully married Enyo and Swipe together to make a UI that pays homage to two great fallen OS's and have built something great.

The new BB10 OS looks like it will be a welcome move for any swipe fan.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-09-27 at 20:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
Or sister
Could be

To me that user interface feels very natural and familiar! I guess that's why I like it.

I still prefer more core things from MeeGo though and now that i read it's not open, it's losing it's appeal quite quickly!

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-09-27 at 21:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by WallAR View Post
... I've seen those videos. And I WILL never buy BB phones. cripled gestures......And idea of vertical app drawer is just Horrible.
Wrong and wrong.
Viedoes showing UI "lag" on swipe gestures are directly attributed to the case housing on the Dev Beta devices impeding gestures from the screen edge. No such problems on Dev alpha units running the latest build of BB10 Developer OS.
As if RIM (one of the more leak proof companies in the mobile handset arena) would hand out testing devices with the Finished UI anyway.
Vertical app drawer was removed and replaced with horizontal scrolling in the app menu in the last iteration of the development release for the BB10 OS.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that Dev alpha handsets have been using BB10 and then assume that the UI you are looking at is therefore BB10 . Dev alphas shipped with a hacked Playbook OS installed.

As for android, AOSP gives F*ck all back to the OSS community or the mainline kernel if it doesn't have a direct monetary benifit to g00gle. sucking in young impressionable devs who think "rooting" a device equals "open" is a tribute to the Apple-esque marketing campaign they have implemented to convince people that it's open.
At least RIm don't pretend they're anything other than what they are.

oh BTW, if you have an N9, you don't have Meego. You have Maemo Harmattan with a bunch of Meego compliant API's thrown in to make you think it's "open".

Last edited by onethreealpha; 2012-09-27 at 21:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
They have the enterprise to think of - their platform is as open as it can be considering the requirements of enterprise users.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I cannot be sure in my opinion on Blackberry 10 until I see one in reality. Closed operating system is a major disadvantage in my eyes; both because it's closed source, and because it resists tinkering. Shape of the device is quite fetching. Trackpad is also comfortable.
One BB10 winner is going to be picked around February by CrackBerry.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: