Notices

Poll: Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?
Poll Options
Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by thp View Post
You probably have to use "-n" as parameter for echo in the command line when md5summing (the code in the documentation is wrong):

Code:
echo -n "yourpassword" | md5sum
Yep, you're right. It now works. Thanks a ton. Have you passed this along to the author?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Yep, you're right. It now works. Thanks a ton. Have you passed this along to the author?
I sent an e-mail to the author just now. This will be a non-issue as soon as the new version with the control panel applet will be released.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Has mafw-lastfm been removed from extras-devel/extras-testing? I don't see it anymore.

canola2 plug ing works fine, try itĦĦĦ

Originally Posted by albertccja View Post
canola2 plug ing works fine, try itĦĦĦ
I'm trying to use mafw-lastfm so that I can avoid Canola in every way possible, but thanks anyways.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I wasn't able to get mafw-lastfm working... and it's too bad... it's one of the few things I'm missing right now.
I too was unable to get it working. I installed it, and found the last.fm settings in settings/Extras, but the icon was a "?", and after entering my lastfm username, and password, i could not find any mention of the scrobber in my N900, or media player. Am I missing something, like python or any other plugin that is needed to get this working or whatnot?

Thanks in advance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micky For This Useful Post:
Quick question!

Is there a last.fm scrobbler for Maemo 5 and the N900 yet? Would love to play some music on my N900, but I need it scrobbled

Thanks for any replies!

Yes, you can find mafw-lastfm in extras-devel.

If you install it, you can go and edit your username and password in the Scrobbling Settings in Control Panel.

***** WARNING *****

Installing anything from extras-devel can potentially be dangerous to your phone as well as your data. The applications are unfinished and still in alpha and beta states. You have been warned!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
fantastic

Tags
application, audioscrobbler, fremantle, last.fm, last.fm scrobbler, maemo, maemo 5, mafw-lastfm, request, scrobbler, social networking, vagalume