Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
There is no such command. This "command to re-read the partition table failed" is because the card is 'locked' by the system, somebody has still something opened on the card. Either some partition is mounted and/or you have swap enabled or file opened in some application.
I have that warning statement all along with 4G,8G and 16G partition both N800 and N810. I just ignore it and reboot and continue, it has been doing fine, so far. I do not have that warning statement for my 1 and 2 G clone. I have beg and asked anyone has that error statement since 1/08. I finally see it here today.

bun

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"Anyone out there have Dual boot working on a PQI 8GB card?

Thanks
NATE"

No, I have the same problem with a PQI 4-gig sdhc card. I used the Panasonic utiility with the settings you mentioned, but didn't notice an error message. It just won't boot for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
"Anyone out there have Dual boot working on a PQI 8GB card?

Thanks
NATE"

No, I have the same problem with a PQI 4-gig sdhc card. I used the Panasonic utiility with the settings you mentioned, but didn't notice an error message. It just won't boot for me.
Which method did you choose? They are quite many of them out there by now. And if there is NO error for the cloning process but it wont boot, it always works after a panasonic LLF. My experience is the partition is the most unreliable/difficult/failed process. A lot of people I helped and PM all have the same problem, the tablet cannot/failed on initial trial in partition the card. Including PB's clone.deb (install-tools), it also failed partition. PB would advise to repeat and repeat unit it works. It always works after panasonic LLF. And by doing it manually, I can see the hurdle is a failed partition.

Maybe Fanoush or any guru can explain WHY it is so unreliable/difficult for the tablet to do partition. And of course, there is the second question, WHY repeat the process several times, sometimes 2 sometimes 6, it will then get thru the partition process. I think partition is the root of the problem to ALL these different flavors of MMC boot problem.

bun