I flashed the new firmware without any trouble and my N800 seems better behaved than before. The only problem I'm having is I haven't been able to update the apps manager. I keep getting all sorts of errors. I checked the repository info and I have what's on Maemo. Today, I've been getting the same error consistently, "Malformed line 9 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)." I don't speak Unix/Linux, so any advise has to be very basic. I have the N800 pretty much the way I want it, so I can live without the app manager.

Thanks,

Bill

Assuming you haven't manually edited the file: Go through the repositories in the application manager, look at details of each one and try to figure out where you have added something wrong (like e.g. putting the http:// part into Components or some such). You could also try to disable them one by one and retry the update

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by jcherepy View Post
I flashed the new firmware without any trouble and my N800 seems better behaved than before. The only problem I'm having is I haven't been able to update the apps manager. I keep getting all sorts of errors. I checked the repository info and I have what's on Maemo. Today, I've been getting the same error consistently, "Malformed line 9 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)." I don't speak Unix/Linux, so any advise has to be very basic. I have the N800 pretty much the way I want it, so I can live without the app manager.

Thanks,

Bill
Sometimes if you look at the error message from the log, it will tell you which repository is giving the trouble, Menu>Tools>Appl manager>Tools>Log. If not clear, then you would have to do it one by one as suggested by TA-t3.

Hope this helps,

bun

I have very carefully checked each repository entry, and all are correct. Also, the message quoted above, "Malformed line 9 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)" is the only message in the log. Oh well, maybe I'll reflash the new OS.

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

Bill

If all fails you could always paste your /etc/apt/sources.list file here and we'll take a look at that line 9.

Reflashed the OS, restored the data, and still had same problem So, I reflashed again and didn't do a restore and App Manager works just fine. So, something I installed is the cause. I'm going to install them back one at a time and check after each install to see if I can isolate the culprit.

Bill

I have slowly added back the apps and restored all EXCEPT Settings and the Application Manager still works as it should, so I don't know what caused the original problem.

Cheers,

Bill