Notices

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
The stock player discards some useful error messages.
dbus-monitor --session | grep -A 7 error
You should get something with mafw in it, an error, a number, and a string containing details about the error.
Ok made a new grep with v0.2.17, looks more appropriate as there is at least the link to youtube included...

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# dbus-monitor --session |grep -A 7 error 
   string "type='error'" 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer serial=116 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.renderer; member=get_status 
method return sender=:1.45 -> dest=:1.147 reply_serial=116 
   uint32 1 
   uint32 0 
   int32 0 
   string "urisource::http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUJGl...e_gdata_player" 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=com.nokia.mafw.playlist serial=117 path=/com/nokia/mafw/playlist; interface=com.nokia.mafw.playlist; member=create_playlist 
-- 
   string "error-policy" 
   variant       uint32 1 
signal sender=:1.45 -> dest=(null destination) serial=234 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.extension; member=property_changed 
   string "error-policy" 
   variant       uint32 1 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer serial=124 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.renderer; member=stop 
method return sender=:1.45 -> dest=:1.147 reply_serial=124 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=com.nokia.mafw.playlist serial=125 path=/com/nokia/mafw/playlist/1; interface=com.nokia.mafw.playlist; member=get_size 
method return sender=:1.76 -> dest=:1.147 reply_serial=125 
   uint32 1 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=com.nokia.mafw.playlist serial=126 path=/com/nokia/mafw/playlist/1; interface=com.nokia.mafw.playlist; member=clear 
-- 
error sender=:1.147 -> dest=:1.144 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod reply_serial=17 
   string "Method "mime_open" with signature "s" on interface "com.nokia.mediaplayer" doesn't exist 
" 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer serial=132 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.renderer; member=get_status 
method return sender=:1.45 -> dest=:1.147 reply_serial=132 
   uint32 1 
   uint32 4294967295 
   int32 0 
-- 
signal sender=:1.45 -> dest=(null destination) serial=246 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.extension; member=error 
   string "com.nokia.mafw.error.renderer" 
   int32 15 
   string "text/html decoder" 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer serial=144 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.renderer; member=stop 
method return sender=:1.45 -> dest=:1.147 reply_serial=144 
method call sender=:1.147 -> dest=org.maemo.Playback.Manager serial=145 path=/org/maemo/Playback/Manager; interface=org.maemo.Playback.Manager; member=RequestState 
   object path "/org/maemo/playback1" 
   string "Stop" 

Thanks for your help!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
There is a bug in my code. :/ Videos will play if you launch from within the video info screen, but not if you launch via the long-press dialog. I'll fix it and update soon.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
@marxian: now that you've moved to using QML for cutetube, is it possible to use on the desktop?
I had tried it with the non-QML cutetube, but there were so many Maemo specific things I had to change that I eventually gave up on it.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
wow marxian it looks beautiful,
Thanks for the many weeks of coding and testing you must have done.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There is a bug in my code. :/ Videos will play if you launch from within the video info screen, but not if you launch via the long-press dialog. I'll fix it and update soon.
Confirmed, works like a charm (again) when launching from within info screen...guess it stopped working when I discovered the long-press dialog

Seem to have some problems with search. All searches return results, but only the first one overall will actually go to the video page if you select the item. All the others return a blank page.

For example, I type as my first search term "Mario". It returns a list of videos and I select one and it displays the page. I next type in "Super Mario Galaxy" and it correctly returns a list. But, if I select one of the videos it just gives me a blank screen.

If I close and reopen the application, only that first search term ("Mario" in this case) will work correctly.

Last edited by TheLongshot; 2011-04-05 at 20:56.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Fluid nice UI. Going to give detailed feedback when I have time.

Still had to agree with cjp on that external player (kmplayer or media player) beats old cutetubes player. Faster buffering, faster skipping, better UI and actually sometimes faster loading. IIRC I requested that these would be readded to old cutetube.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Just Downloaded it !!

I was waiting for this for a very long time Thank You!

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Confirmed, works like a charm (again) when launching from within info screen...guess it stopped working when I discovered the long-press dialog
Bug fixed for 0.2.18, which should be in extras-devel soon.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
@marxian: now that you've moved to using QML for cutetube, is it possible to use on the desktop?
I had tried it with the non-QML cutetube, but there were so many Maemo specific things I had to change that I eventually gave up on it.
It will mostly work fine on the desktop. The only thing that would need to change is the dbus commands for video playback. If I were using QtMobility-Multimedia to play the videos, the code would work without modification.

The only other downside would be that the UI does not resize that well, so it would not look good if used in full-screen on the desktop.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube