Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Two iPhone App developers have spotted what appears to be a hacking of the App store rankings by a rogue developer. The rankings in the books category of the US iTunes store features 40 out of 50 apps by the same app developer, Thuat Nguyen.
Sorta surprised that this hasn't been posted here yet. Read more here.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
I've only just read that article, so I might be incorrect.

It doesn't look like the iTunes *Store* was hacked, just a LOT of user accounts. Those accounts were then used to buy the hacker's apps.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The fact that apps were approved and were instrumental in gaining access to user accounts is bad. Then the accounts were hacked and all Apple has stated so far was "change your account password" just screams "bad business" to me.

So if it were the store or accounts hacked, it's not an ideal situation.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, it looks more widespread...

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2010/07/...e-hack-itunes/

Last edited by Bundyo; 2010-07-05 at 21:41.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Steve
Just avoid installing those apps.
Seriously though, this kind of stuff is why I don't like online stores to remember my credit card info. With iTunes, I usually go and remove my card info after purchases, as I know I'm not using it that often.

It would be nice if they offered a checkbox to "not store your billing information" after a transaction has completed. This is evidence that it might be a good idea.

Last edited by juise-; 2010-07-06 at 22:04. Reason: card card