Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am very impressed with xfce on the n800, I am still tweaking some stuff, I have only spent a small amount of time working on this.

It will be available shortly, days/weeks not hours

Thoughts, comments, wishlist?

Anyone internested in providing any input, now is the time

I compiled all of XFCE, all of it compiled without incident. Terminal works, but the enter key does not work on the virtual keyboard, it only brings up the thumb-keyboard, when that is disabled nothing happens. Aterm and Xterm from my openbox tar work fine though. Thunar is also working nicely.

Anyone interested in helping, please feel free to PM me. I would like to find a couple of 770 owners who have used openbox or KDE that would like to test this out prior to release. I would like this to support 770/800 out of the gate.

I really like this, but still have some tweaking to do..

Last edited by penguinbait; 2007-08-24 at 21:07.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Honolulu, HI
Dude,

Go for it. You're making me cry!

m a r

Awesome work dude!

Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Dude,

Go for it. You're making me cry!

m a r
Your the one in Hawaii, I should be crying.

Looks nice, but until that enter-key on the keyboard bug is squashed, I wouldn't want to start playing with it just yet.
But I do have a 2GB SD card just waiting for it though.

I'll test it on 770, too.

Originally Posted by iball View Post
Looks nice, but until that enter-key on the keyboard bug is squashed, I wouldn't want to start playing with it just yet.
But I do have a 2GB SD card just waiting for it though.
The enter key problem, is only for a specific program "Terminal" that comes with XFCE, if I can not easily fix this, I will remove it. You still would have xterm and aterm, so you would not be missing anything.

Oh, in that case to hell with "Terminal" and PM me a link to the tarball and some installation instructions and I'll slap it on one of my 2GB micro-SD-to-SD-adapter cards.
I like the idea of running an operating system off a chip no bigger than a fingernail.

Looks great

-___-

I was going to release my compiled XFCE tonight... *snaps* Damnit, I think you've got me beat, though... *cough* I think I busted my install with the damned thing... Heheh...

So, what I'm saying... I'm a 770 owner and I'll take a swing at it if this next install I try rips it like this again... ^^'''

I'll host the tarball, too