Active Topics

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
huh... I guess rootfs.bin would be the main fw file (_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin, 1.16GB) - that one I already have... emmc.bin would be _EMMC_xxxx.bin (2.78GB) I guess... ?

[tw] @kegnatz

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Yup

10chars

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Just thought I'd say thanks to everyone here for posting on this subject.

For me the problem happened after I used the mass storage connection (USB to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) to move all my pictures, about 1500 of them, off the mobile onto my desktop.

After that pictures didn't appear in the gallery when taken with the N9 camera.

The solution in my case was simply to run
Code:
tracker-control -r
I didn't need to reboot. I also didn't check to see if rebooting would fix the problem on its own.

You lost all your messages+call logs by doing that without attempting to check user-dirs.dirs...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post

- Now type:

Code:
tracker-control -r
- Reboot the device once done and you'll see all the media get detected...
In my case it was not necessary to reboot.

I don't mean that; I mean that if you had checked for user-dirs.dirs corruption first, you wouldn't have needed to go to tracker-control -r step...That step is after you corrected user-dirs.dirs and media is still not detected (old media needs to be transferred out and in again for detection) then tracker reset is used as a last resort...

Tracker reset deletes your call logs and messages hence I meant if you detected user-dirs.dirs corruption you could have saved them...

You lost all your messages+call logs by doing that without attempting to check user-dirs.dirs...
I looked at user-dirs.dir and it seemed to be fine.

I didn't lose any call records or text messages.

Why would tracker-control -r cause any call records or messages to disappear? Is there any documentation on the commands? A quick web search only turned up forum posts.

Last edited by kwhitefoot; 2012-10-22 at 09:33. Reason: Spelling

tracker-control -r resets the tracker which causes the deletion of tracker databases hence call logs and messages are lost too...

I don't remember seeing any documentation too...

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Cape Town, South Africa
I'm seeing this thread when I'm very busy.. I had a similar problem. if you notice, you also can't share the documents that you are able to open via filebox.
I did not have to run terminal to solve it. I just noticed that there were differences when i plugged into my PC and chose mass storage or pc synch. using Mass storage, folders like DCIM and Documents were hidden.
To solve the problem, I copied the contents onto my PC and deleted the folders. Merely changing the properties did not help. Then create the new folders and paste everything back. Sorry for the long story

tracker-control -r resets the tracker which causes the deletion of tracker databases hence call logs and messages are lost too...
But in my case I didn't lose the call log or text messages.

However I have just noticed that the search function now shows an empty list and a busy indicator. I hope I just have to wait for it to finish re indexing my contacts and applications because it is tedious having to scroll to find things.