Active Topics

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Here's a link where you can see the value of Mr Elop's shares in MS:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/company/...onal-ownership

As I said previously, I don't believe it's these shares that have dictated the bend-over in front of Microsoft. But the link fron this post does make me wonder...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by naabi View Post
If you recruit a top manager from MS it's obvious that he has loads of shares, not even a question whether he has those. Common policy is to sell those when leaving to new position.
Exactly. So people overreacting about Elop having stock is bothersome. It's not like the board of directors didn't know it.

I've been trying to say many times in this thread that he managed to sell 60% of his shares, but right after he joined Nokia, he was registered as MS insider. He had to stop selling. This is what Nokia has told today. Now that big strategic changes have been published, he can continue selling. It could have been handled better, but making some conspiracy theories (not blaming you here) is just plain stupid.
Again. Exactly. I'm just as sick of these conspiracy theories - he's a Microsoft plant, he's a M$ [sic] Trojan, Microsoft just bought Nokia for $0 Billion and so forth - as the next rational person.

Oh well... I give up.

Yep... Elop was a test tube melange of Gates, Ballmer, Allen and some other North American influence - Satan perhaps? - that was planted by some 15 year plot hatched by the anti-christ and the anti-pope to thwart the spread of the open source goodness that is Linux, Maemo, MeeGo and we should all join in signing random petitions online, sit around here, make up even better reasons why we should damn near (online) riot and perhaps plan our first N900 flash mob around Elop's world tour of his Lazarus pits that he shares with Ra's al Ghul and perhaps Batman.

I can so sleep better at night now.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I can tell you that people in Finland are mad as hell about this. The government seems unlikely to do anything about it beyond helping the 20 000 people who will lose their jobs find new jobs. It's almost 0.5% of the population that will be jobless soon.
Well, that is the core of the problem. Nokia being unable to slim down and increase efficiency in a natural way. If Symbian is so hard to develop that only a handful understands it, then employing 2000 to work on it is not going to help much.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My main interest is I bought some devices from Nokia (N800, N810 and N900) and want to continue buying similar devices. Besides that, I don't care if Nokia goes down the tubes or becomes Queen of the May.
I guess what it comes down to is, out of the whole market, Nokia is the only company with a record of being able and willing to deliver the mobile devices that most meets our needs and wants (why else would we be here?). As it stands today, if Nokia is no longer willing to do that, there aren't really any viable alternatives.

Frankly, as sad as it sounds, I'm having trouble coping with the idea of a mobile future where there isn't a single manufacturer seeking to meet my needs as a consumer. I've invested nearly 6 years of my time and energy into the Nokia open source endeavor once called Maemo and seeing it tossed aside for MeeGo was hard enough, but now seeing all hope of a friendly open source future in mobile technology now set back by years (or destroyed) . . . well, it hurts.

It's only logical that people would seek explain the how and the why of such a world-shaking decision. It wouldn't be so bad if we had choices, but, without Nokia, we really don't.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I guess what it comes down to is, out of the whole market, Nokia is the only company with a record of being able and willing to deliver the mobile devices that most meets our needs and wants (why else would we be here?). As it stands today, if Nokia is no longer willing to do that, there aren't really any viable alternatives.

Frankly, as sad as it sounds, I'm having trouble coping with the idea of a mobile future where there isn't a single manufacturer seeking to meet my needs as a consumer. I've invested nearly 6 years of my time and energy into the Nokia open source endeavor once called Maemo and seeing it tossed aside for MeeGo was hard enough, but now seeing all hope of a friendly open source future in mobile technology now set back by years (or destroyed) . . . well, it hurts.

It's only logical that people would seek explain the how and the why of such a world-shaking decision. It wouldn't be so bad if we had choices, but, without Nokia, we really don't.
Well, we still have to see what Intel is planing to bring forward in this area. But, yes. Right now things look bleak. I may just have to settle for Android.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Board of Directors, mainly Ollila. Board of Directors is pretty much controlled by finnish members.
As far as I can see here, less than half of the board is Finnish.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
dilbert comics
Wow. That was scary accurate!
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I just don't believe that this Openey Sourcey stuff will die whatever Nokia does. It will create a disruption and a vacuum that will be filled. Open Source is just too seductive of an idea. I hope that Nokia will soon be seen as an evil link that was holding things back. Oh well, there are no guarantees.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Why are there so many people on this site so interested in Nokia's proper business strategy and apparently so uninterested in things like maemo.org or even internettablettalk?

My main interest is I bought some devices from Nokia (N800, N810 and N900) and want to continue buying similar devices. Besides that, I don't care if Nokia goes down the tubes or becomes Queen of the May.
Well it is quite simple:
There would be no maemo.org or internettablettalk without Nokia (ie. Maemo devices). Should be obvious, IMHO.

Last edited by myrjola; 2011-02-13 at 11:18.

Tags
crybabies, elop rapes dogs, kajko is elop's, lover. cute., w32.elop.trojan