Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
UFOs is the first step to identifying aliens in our airspace. Aliens are far more important than a ghost. I don't see the logic of a ghost. Aliens on the other hand would make sense and share the same universe.
But considering that ghost lives in other dimensions might give as a clue on how to travel the universe in more effective ways so in that sense ghost busters shpuld be reinstated.

Good alien discussions would help the world. An the ones with all the gear should obviously share the findings. Looks good!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2021-05-26 at 16:25.

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
One experience I have which was making me crazy. When I was a teenager and spending time in our yard I saw these small light balls flying around in the evenings and at night. It happened many times. Then I asked my family to come and see because they didn't believe me when I told them. I said see for yourself. They looked around and didn't see anything. Just thought I was crazy. At last I figured out what it was. My eyes work slowly when adjusting to changes of light. When I came from inside where was a bright light to the dark backyard, where there were only yard lights around, my eyes made rapid focuses on all those lights while scanning the yard. So the small lights stuck on my eyes and it looked like lights were flying as my eyes moved rapidly around.
A close relative claimed, as a kid, they could see bacteria with their bare eyes.
What we suspect happened: when you have some sort of dirt or a small hair on your eyeball's surface, it kindof floats around there (the eyeball always being wet) and you can actually see that with your bare eyes, and it might look like some sort of worm-shaped bacteria.

It was fixed later on and haven't seen them anymore.
Wait, what? What was "fixed" and how?

FWIW, "seeing stars" is a completely normal occurence brought on by low blood pressure (get up real quick after sitting down for a long time) and similar things (getting hit).

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
It was fixed by nature that my eyes started to adjust to light changes more rapidly. And seeing the bacteria with bare eyes I can confirm the experience is real, but not exactly sure what it is. I see like bacteria moving on the whole sight. I have thought I somehow focus on the surface of the eye as weird as it sounds. It looks like you would look on a round glass vessel filled with that kind of bacteria liquid you sometimes see in some documentaries showing what you see with a microscope. I tried it now with a white wall and I can make it happen with that. First I look with both eyes in the middle like focusing too close so the the focus of eyes overlap/cross each other. Then I start to shift/let my focus shift back to distance, but I keep my concentration in mind seeing close, and then the focus to far blurs but the focus in front of me sharpens and I see the something. I have sometimes spent a lot of time watching that bacteria slime with buzzing life, because it looks so interesting. Maybe it is something which is related to the things that closes with light and others which gets wider and that vice versa in dark. They are billions in the eyes so the changes could make it look like that life filled bacteria life. I still hold the idea that I see the surface of my eye somehow. It is nicer thought.

And if you start to concentrate on watching totally clear and deep blue sky you can see the air filled with some like materia which has this constant change like billions particles moving with little sparks. I think that may too be related to the parts of the eyes that change with light and dark. And this is like seeing it from a bit distance and the bacteria things somehow seeing it closer.

As a child I thought I can see air molecules and that I like to do still with a clear blue sky.

Nice to hear someone else has been watching that bacteria stuff. Have not heard anyone else telling about it before even though I believe many have seen it.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Nice to hear someone else has been watching that bacteria stuff. Have not heard anyone else telling about it before even though I believe many have seen it.
Happy to oblige!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Alien bacteria. It might be the first aliens we'll find.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
I saw a movie called "Mongolian Death Worm"; it wasn't very good, and it was filmed in Texas
Haven't seen that, but recently I rewatched Tremors. An all time classic. My second most favourite movie, after Princess Bride. Pity the sequels suck.

^ You mean "Tremors (1990)" and "The Princess Bride (1987)"?
Aren't they completely different genres (from each other)?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
^ You mean "Tremors (1990)" and "The Princess Bride (1987)"?
Aren't they completely different genres (from each other)?
So? Does that mean I am not allowed to like them?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
So? Does that mean I am not allowed to like them?
No, you're not!!!

...only joking. Of course you're allowed to watch any genre you like and mix them up good. I just wondered where the connection was to what was posted previously.
But in a way, you answered that already.

Isn't it obvious that humans think they can think what they want when in reality something else has put the thought in the brain.

Why else would someone pay for an invisible sculpture.
https://www.newsweek.com/italian-art...-18000-1596608

Last edited by Dave999; 2021-06-08 at 20:24.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson