Ok guys, was just using my nokia last night. Went to turn it on today, and wham, cycles the white nokia splash screen, doesnt even go into the hands, just goes black and cycles again?

Any ideas?

How about...search the forum?

The Following User Says Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by demoncamber View Post
Ok guys, was just using my nokia last night. Went to turn it on today, and wham, cycles the white nokia splash screen, doesnt even go into the hands, just goes black and cycles again?

Any ideas?

Hi There,
I have the same problem with my Nokia N810 keep re booting.
Any body have a fix, please share. Thanks.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
The easiest and most common fix, I believe, is to reflash the tablet and start fresh.

The Following User Says Thank You to akorvemaker For This Useful Post:
It also does this if the battery is dead. buy a cheap battery charger or battery on ebay. here is a good deal for instance.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-Battery-1-charg...item335ea446b8

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Agreed--if the battery is very low or damaged, it will boot for a moment and then immediately power-off to protect the battery.

If you HAVE plugged it in and left it charging for a few hours and it's STILL doing this, it could be that something corrupted the apps/data and ruined the boot process/drivers/etc. In that case, you will want to re-flash the N810 to get it back to a sane state.

The battery management system in N810 is also unable to safely charge very degraded (50 - 60% of original capacity remaining) batteries when supplied by the strong charger included with N810. A weaker charger would perhaps be able to charge a degraded battery, but the power consumption from rebooting would draw more power than is being put in, so it'd probably never reach net positive charge rate.

tl;dr: Yes, try a new battery

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
I've recently let the battery go down on my n810, it was sitting around for a month or two (I know, shame for neglecting the device). Of course, same issue -- white screen, reboot, white screen, etc.

My fix -- take out the 3.6 volt battery from my cell phone, hook wires to the battery terminals and jumper them to the n810 battery. Sort of like jump-starting it. Had to hold it in place for about 5 - 10 minutes till I had enough charge, put battery back in n810, which was just enough to get it to boot into the charging program. Now it is fully functional again. Whew.

Disclaimer: I am not recommending this to anyone, as charging a lithium battery from an unregulated source can be hazardous and may cause an explosion. In my case I was constantly monitoring both batteries temperature, but I could see the potential for a problem.

Oh, and for extra geek points, I didn't have any wire with me at the camper. Did have aluminum foil though, which made for some nice and dangerous uninsulated conductors. Sometimes I'm surprised I still have all 10 fingers.

The Following User Says Thank You to derekp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Battery -
Look for my thread -
Got a good battery for $9 shipped.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I had the same problem, I tried with some different nokia chargers and N810 was always rebooting at the nokia white screen.

After that I decided to try with other chargers, and I used one from a Palm device 5,2V an 0.5A (I need to cut the wire and change the connector), and the N810 started to charge.

Conclusion: You can try with a bit more of voltage, maybe it isn't the perfect solution but it is a solution.