Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
I always wonder how all of you can post their pictures so early. I wait the hole month for opportunities and then select the picture I like most to submit it.

Nice pictures nonetheless!

And sometimes I forget to select one before the deadline

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
I always wonder how all of you can post their pictures so early. I wait the hole month for opportunities and then select the picture I like most to submit it.

Nice pictures nonetheless!

And sometimes I forget to select one before the deadline
I, too usually wait for the last few days to upload my entry. But a seldom-used rule in the contest is that you can change your entry once. So if you find something you love, you could go ahead and post it early knowing that if, at the end of the month, something better comes along you can switch.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Mine was very old OT-pictures... I'm waiting some idea and hope it won't take too long...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Ever heard that song, "Hymn to the Big Sky"?
Xperia X Compact; SF 3.0.3.9; stock camera with default settings; I edited with a hi-def filter and cropped to 4:3 with SF built-in editor in Gallery app...
Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Damn. I tried the obvious picture-of-the-sky too but it turned out too pants for submitting and now I can't even try again since you beat me to it.

Never mind, it would not really fit the topic anyway. The topic is "Lighting", not "Light". The way I understand the topic, it should be about taking a photo of any subject using a particularly interesting arrangement of illumination and/or shadow. Back to the drawing board it is.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Damn. I tried the obvious picture-of-the-sky too but it turned out too pants for submitting and now I can't even try again since you beat me to it.

Never mind, it would not really fit the topic anyway. The topic is "Lighting", not "Light". The way I understand the topic, it should be about taking a photo of any subject using a particularly interesting arrangement of illumination and/or shadow. Back to the drawing board it is.
I had the same thought, but I liked the way it came out, and I figured the subject could be the clouds, or the water... Sadly, I had a couple of better ones, but I failed to keep my own flash-junky policy about immediately backing up anything wanted, and had to wipe my userdata to restore a brick, so I lost them... Well, I still have a chance to change it once.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
^Only if You find better one... I think this suite well with topic ... The sea is very nice "Lighting" and You show also where the light comes from... Very beautiful picture!

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Indeed! To clarify, I did not mean that your pucture would not fit the topic. As catbus said, it does! I meant that mine wouldn't.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland

Sony Xperia XA2, cropped to square in Sailfish's Gallery.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
This from Pentona was not taken today in Finland. Atleast not in south. Darn it was cold to drive with motorcycle. But I reeeally like your picture. The light coming through. And the setting ia beautiful. Well done!

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition