With the latest Firefox 75, it is now built for Flatpak. Any possibility of being able to run it on SFOS? I'm not sure whether it's GDK or QT or something else.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
With the latest Firefox 75, it is now built for Flatpak. Any possibility of being able to run it on SFOS? I'm not sure whether it's GDK or QT or something else.
you could always try, nothing will crash if its not working. but I expect that its for x86_64 only and I don't know their wayland status. I am sure its GDK as well

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
it uses org.gnome.Platform and failed with:
Code:
(firefox:4): Gdk-WARNING **: 17:43:24.967: The Wayland compositor does not provide any supported shell interface, not using Wayland display

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
can we build newer wayland to /opt and use it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
can we build newer wayland to /opt and use it?
wayland was supposed to be up to date. its qtwayland that is an issue. in theory (read I don't want to do it), it's probably possible to have wayland composer displayed on flatpak-runner QML item (through openGL, maybe) which is some current one. as some gtk based one. but, even if possible, its a lot of work and that will all be wasted as soon as we have newer qt. as with newer qt, it should be way easier to make such composer using its qtwayland.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
we have a whole year to waste our time here

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
I managed to install flatpak on my Jolla C running 3.3.0.14 after running "zypper ref -f"

I then after rebooting activated the kdeapps and flatpak repos as described here: https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main

Then I install angelfish, but when I try to run the app I get a message on the screen saying "Angelfish (Nightly) Application finished with exit code 1"

Shell output:
Code:
[nemo@host ~]$ flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish
Starting: org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
Wayland socket: ../../display/wayland-1
WAYLAND_DISPLAY="../../display/wayland-1" FLATPAK_MALIIT_CONTAINER_DBUS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-e4MC4yMLaS,guid=a8c12e36fb6c7a3600936b0f5e91ab2c" flatpak run --env=QT_WAYLAND_FORCE_DPI=293 --filesystem=/system:ro --filesystem=/vendor:ro --device=all --talk-name=org.maliit.server --env=QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS=--disable-gpu-compositing --num-raster-threads=1 --enable-viewport --disable-composited-antialiasing --env=QTWEBENGINE_DISABLE_GPU_THREAD=1 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_MOBILE=1 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE=Plasma --env=HYBRIS_EGLPLATFORM_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris --env=HYBRIS_LINKER_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris/linker --env=HYBRIS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/vendor/lib:/system/lib --env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] onCompleted:424 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[W] unknown:53 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/main.qml:53:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
bwrap: Creating new namespace failed: Invalid argument
error: ldconfig failed, exit status 256
[D] expression for onExit:59 - Skipping quit as it will hang the window. Proper exit is needed
^C
[nemo@host ~]$
Same story with Dolphin. Any ideas on how to get past this?

Last edited by LouisDK; 2020-04-11 at 11:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
I managed to install flatpak on my Jolla C running 3.3.0.14 after running "zypper ref -f"

I then after rebooting activated the kdeapps and flatpak repos as described here: https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main

Then I install angelfish, but when I try to run the app I get a message on the screen saying "Angelfish (Nightly) Application finished with exit code 1"

Shell output:
Code:
[nemo@host ~]$ flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish
Starting: org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
Wayland socket: ../../display/wayland-1
WAYLAND_DISPLAY="../../display/wayland-1" FLATPAK_MALIIT_CONTAINER_DBUS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-e4MC4yMLaS,guid=a8c12e36fb6c7a3600936b0f5e91ab2c" flatpak run --env=QT_WAYLAND_FORCE_DPI=293 --filesystem=/system:ro --filesystem=/vendor:ro --device=all --talk-name=org.maliit.server --env=QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS=--disable-gpu-compositing --num-raster-threads=1 --enable-viewport --disable-composited-antialiasing --env=QTWEBENGINE_DISABLE_GPU_THREAD=1 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_MOBILE=1 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE=Plasma --env=HYBRIS_EGLPLATFORM_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris --env=HYBRIS_LINKER_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris/linker --env=HYBRIS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/vendor/lib:/system/lib --env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] onCompleted:424 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[W] unknown:53 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/main.qml:53:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
bwrap: Creating new namespace failed: Invalid argument
error: ldconfig failed, exit status 256
[D] expression for onExit:59 - Skipping quit as it will hang the window. Proper exit is needed
^C
[nemo@host ~]$
Same story with Dolphin. Any ideas on how to get past this?
Looks like kernel does not support namespaces. If its newer than 3.5, complain to Jolla to enable it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
PS: Maybe there is something else which is needed from kernel, I am not sure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
First of all, thanks for your hard work and help!

I finally managed to get Angelfish runnin on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet with SFOS 3.3.0.14 EA. I get a lot of `gpg-connect-agent` messages during package installation, but it seems to work anyway.

I had to remove the setuid bit from `/usr/libecex/flatpak-bwrap` for installing Anglefish to workaround the rebooting issue, and I had to re-enable it actually starting it - and boy does it run well!

@LouisDK If you disabled the setuid bit, did you re-enable it after installation? If it's disabled Angelfish exits with error code 1, at least on my device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattiviljanen For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak