Posts: 58 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mannp View Post
Hi all, first thanks for the Z3C Tab 4G build.

I wondered what I am doing wrong, as I have followed the instructions below and updated to a v3.0.x build, but none of them want to boot.

Boot gets stuck on the Sony logo and I have left it for like 15mins...

I wondered what is the latest build for SGP621 device and do I need to go to an intermediate v3.x update before going to the latest?

Thanks for any help
I seem to be hitting the same wall here. The initial 2.2.1.18 works fine, but even running zypper refresh and zypper update, it gets stuck on reboot. Trying to figure out what's causing it but no luck so far...

The Following User Says Thank You to mattiviljanen For This Useful Post:
Okay, I'm a stubborn idiot and couldn't go to sleep. But I got my SGP621 updated to 3.2.1.19! Here's what I did (having fresh 2.2.1.18 that is):
  • Disable adaptation repositories:
    ssu dr adaptation-community
    ssu dr adaptation-community-common
    pkcon refresh
  • Update to 3.0.0.8 (stop release):
    ssu release 3.0.0.8
    zypper ref -f
    version --dup
    sync
    reboot
  • Enable adaptation repositories:
    ssu er adaptation-community
    ssu er adaptation-community-common
    pkcon refresh
  • Update to 3.2.1.19
    ssu release 3.2.1.19
    zypper ref -f
    version --dup
    sync
    reboot

And that's about it! What this tells me that there is some kind of incompatibility between the newest adaptation packages (the most current update has three days ago - which is great!) and Sailfish <= 3.0.0.8 at least, but using the dance choreography above, it all works out!

Some users commented that the device would not power down correctly, but my device does, at least now. To my great surprise, I can now watch YouTube videos using YTplayer (my openrepos version)! I do have Webcat installed, perhaps it pulled in some gstreamer packages or something..?

If that's not impressive enough, the built-in Browser gives me 1080p YouTube videos with no problems whatsoever! Even my XA2 Ultra can't do that!

The only hiccup is GPS, which for whatever reason stopped working when I was testing GPSinfo on 2.2.1.18. It worked for a while, but it just won't work again. There's no location blip next in top left (right) corner. The location icon in the top menu work as expected but it does nothing now.

Now that I'm up to date, is there anything to test or debug? I'm happy and impressed with the state of the port so far, but I would love to see an updated build, both because of Sailfish version, and polishing out hardware adaptation bugs. I still haven't tested mobile data, calls and texts, and I don't have a memory card inserted, but I think I'll get to that tomorrow. Maybe.

Thanks again for your hard work, everyone!

Edit: typo in "ssu er" commands

Last edited by mattiviljanen; 2020-02-23 at 09:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattiviljanen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
You have seen this Sailfishos 3.1.0.1 build?

https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...evel-20190811/

By the way, it should be 'ssu er ...' for enabling repositories, step 3 in your post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
You have seen this Sailfishos 3.1.0.1 build?

https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...evel-20190811/
That is for SGP611 (no LTE), I have SGP621 (with LTE).

Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
By the way, it should be 'ssu er ...' for enabling repositories, step 3 in your post.
Thanks for noticing that, fixed!

In other news, I tested the SIM card functionality: I can call and receive calls and texts, and mobile data works fine, too! So, libhybris adaptations page should be updated. Can I just do it or should I let someone know?

Speaking of adaptation status, I tested the missing boxes and here are the results:

SMS: YES
Voice calls: YES
WLAN hotspot: YES
Camera: YES*
Gyro: YES

Both main and front camera work with CSD tool, but the camera UI only exposes the main camera - I would still call this a green yes, as the main camera works fully.

For future reference i did bump the LTE build on the gitlab not that long ago

https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...evel-20200121/

but if you managed to update via OTA then you basically have the same thing installed anyway

I haven't done any major development on the port in quite a while, generally everything important works with the exception of GPS, and it may now be possible to get the NFC working so I should try that out soon

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2020-02-24 at 01:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to implement lvm-based storage (as in official ports) and even luks-based encryption for /home in future releases? They are already implemented in a lot of newly created community ports.

The Following User Says Thank You to persmule For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by persmule View Post
Is it possible to implement lvm-based storage (as in official ports) and even luks-based encryption for /home in future releases? They are already implemented in a lot of newly created community ports.
LVM based would require me to rework the port into a more productised state using a built system partition like the Xperia X .etc. Its possible but not something i'm really planning on doing.

I'm not sure what is required for the luks encryption, i'll have to ask the guys about it and see what it will take

The Following User Says Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
LVM based would require me to rework the port into a more productised state using a built system partition like the Xperia X .etc. Its possible but not something i'm really planning on doing.

I'm not sure what is required for the luks encryption, i'll have to ask the guys about it and see what it will take
It may be possible to make use of image-file-based storage for /home to mimic what is implemented upon LVM.

e.g. if a specific image file (let's call it /home.img, or /data/.stowaways/sailfishos/home.img in the scope of android recovery and initramfs before chroot) exists before the first run, it could be formatted and mounted to /home, and luks might be deployed on it. If /home.img does not exist it would fall back to the current scheme.

The Following User Says Thank You to persmule For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
I doesn't seem like an 3.2.1 adaption has been released.
Any plans regarding 3.3?

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post: