Notices

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
What OS and when did you install the server? I changed the way Browse by path works recently, so try upgrading the server if you didn't install it in past few days.
Ah sorry, its the Windows server, and I should have the latest one (May 2nd update). What it looks like is if I have the folder "TVShows" in the Collection, video files and folders in TVShows show up, but if there's folders within the folders in TVShows (say, to seperate different seasons), knots reports "No Files Found". This behavior happens on both localhost and on the client.

Another related thing was that another folder used to be named "(fin) TVShows", and anything inside wouldn't show at all, so I changed my folder name to "fin ~ TVShows" and now it works. The "folder within folder" issue happens regardless of how I name my folders, though.

That git thing happened to me too, I tried reinstalling and uninstalling it a few times and it seemed to have solved the issue. For some reason, even though it added itself to Path I still couldn't run "git" in command prompt. Figured it would be too much trouble to figure out what's wrong when ukki is already making the updates available to download, so just uninstalled it.

Last edited by IcyAirs; 2010-05-06 at 20:06.

hey so im having a bit of a trouble getting the knots2 to restream my dm800 dreambox with enigma2

what port should i use?

i know in enigma1 i used 31344 with zapstream, but in enigma2 its different

it does the index fine but it cant restream the feeds

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
So yeah, I ended up reformating my entire Windows XP because of this.
Btw. Did it come to your mind that maybe reinstall and uninstall would help you. If you did that then ok, but if you didn't then remember to try that before doing format :|

.edit
Also windows has quite nice restore functionality which has helped me many times.

Originally Posted by therock View Post
hey so im having a bit of a trouble getting the knots2 to restream my dm800 dreambox with enigma2

what port should i use?

i know in enigma1 i used 31344 with zapstream, but in enigma2 its different

it does the index fine but it cant restream the feeds
If I remember correctly, enigma2 stream port is the same as control port (80). Try editing one path by hand to use 80 and if it works, change it in the settings and rescan. Love your signature btw

IcyAirs, I'll check the browse by path issue; can you run knots2 in terminal and see if there are any utf8 errors reported in the terminal output.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
okay i testet it ukki and its uses 8001 as a port

but knots2 wont change channel

if i try

http://root:dreambox@192.168.1.77:80...:300000:0:0:0:

and its on that channel it works

but if i wanted to change to another one like

http://root:dreambox@192.168.1.77:80...E080000:0:0:0:

it does not change channel so i have to manual via the webinterface change to that channel and then the stream works

and comment to the signature... fecking love knots2 i used it on my enigma1 box with a transcoding profile to 3G and i just love it!

okay i testet it ukki and its uses 8001 as a port

but knots2 wont change channel

if i try

http://root:dreambox@192.168.1.77:80...:300000:0:0:0:

and its on that channel it works

but if i wanted to change to another one like

http://root:dreambox@192.168.1.77:80...E080000:0:0:0:

it does not change channel so i have to manual via the webinterface change to that channel and then the stream works

and comment to the signature... fecking love knots2 i used it on my enigma1 box with a transcoding profile to 3G and i just love it!
Why did you upgrade to enigma2 then? Can you enable debug and run Knots in terminal and try to play one channel? It should display something like "Switching Dreambox channel http://xxxx" when you try to play a it. Is there something wrong with the url it uses to change the channel?

oh man it works ukki

dont know why it didt work before but now i got it working

so here is the settings for a enigma2

192.168.1.77,80,8001,root,dreambox,2

and the settings for enigma1 is 192.168.1.50,80,31344,root,dreambox,1

and now i can enjoy my N900 + tvout + knots2.... IT ROCKS

btw can you update the wiki with a FAQ on dreambox installation that people need the newest git and that its port 8001 on enigma2 and 31344 on 1

The Following User Says Thank You to therock For This Useful Post:
oh man it works ukki

dont know why it didt work before but now i got it working

so here is the settings for a enigma2

192.168.1.77,80,8001,root,dreambox,2

and the settings for enigma1 is 192.168.1.50,80,31344,root,dreambox,1

and now i can enjoy my N900 + tvout + knots2.... IT ROCKS

btw can you update the wiki with a FAQ on dreambox installation that people need the newest git and that its port 8001 on enigma2 and 31344 on 1
Enigma2 support has been around for a while now, but since I've never even seen one, I tend to forget that stuff

There is now the "Add personal video recorder" button under Settings where you can add VDRs/Dreamboxes/MythTVs, so I'll add that description there. Thanks.

okay cool and i just want to tell ya im gonna use the lates git and give you feedback if there is anything that could be fixed/enhanced

and knots2.... just love it..... i really really hope that the mplayer gets DSP support then it would be a perfect solution

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Heya ukki!

So yeah, I'm always looking for a way to really get Knots to punch the tablet as hard as it can.

What does the "buffer in seconds" option do on the server side?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't do much of anything.

Anyway, I was wondering if it's at all possible to buffer an entire 25 minute show (kind of like how youtube does it thing when loading a video) while using the highest optimal settings as well.

I found that the N800 can pretty much handle a 640x360 screen display.

Test video on this for you to check out on your old N810.
http://www.mediafire.com/?omjml2zm4ih

I understand that there might even be a 25 minute or longer wait before the video actually fires by doing this but the additional resolution would be worth it.

Cheers bud!

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video