Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nashville, TN
OK now I am really frustrated. The device is not responding at all. I have had the battery out again, I plugged in the USB to a PC and tried to do the update wizard, I tried the power cord, Everything! Nothing works, Just a blank screen. I am fresh out of ideas.

I saw something on maemo on how to flash the device but I took it as you need linux on your pc to do it.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
You don't need Linux on your pc to flash the device. Nokia has instructions, you just download their software and run it on your Windows computer and follow their instructions, it's not hard.

If your device isn't powering up, you won't be able to reflash it.

You might start out by calming down and plugging in your device and leaving it alone for four hours or so. It is probably just out of power.

In the meantime, go to the Nokia site and find the program that reflashes your device and download it. Read the instructions. Give it a try once you have power.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
thanks. Do you have a link? I only could find the maemo link to flash

Also here is what I did overnight.

Went to bed at 1 am and left the battery out for 5 hours

woke up at 6 and plugged the battery in and then plugged it in the wall and got in the shower and got ready (15-20 minutes) while the device is plugged into the wall. I come back and...

nothing not even a charging icon no LED no nothing I took out the SD memory card and now have it plugged in.

I am quite sure the device had power cause as I describe I was using it fine, the device locked up with a you tube video... and It simply died right then.

Chris,

Is there a way for you to exchange this N810 with the store you purchased it from? If you want to try calling Nokia, I would recommend one of the flagship stores. All these people do is play with all the Nokia devices all day, so it won't be like calling foreign tech support. Try this link for the two stores in America:

https://www.nokiausa.com/A4411001

Try contacting the Chicago one and maybe they have a trick or two left to breathe life back into your tablet. Good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Originally Posted by Chris1051 View Post
thanks. Do you have a link? I only could find the maemo link to flash
This'll get you started with flashing. You *need* to have a charged battery first though. Process takes about 20 mins, and has to be done on battery power.
http://europe.nokia.com/A4305010

The Following User Says Thank You to deluxe For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys.

I called Nokia, and they said I could return it ... to Huntsville, AL ???

I shipped it tonight and it arrives there tomorrow. They said there is a 7-10 day turnaround.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hope it works out for you Chris!

Occasionally bad devices do escape the factory. At least you discovered yours early.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Chris - Let us know how good or bad the RMA service is with Nokia.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It sure seems to have improved since the N800 launch!

/me shudders in horror from old memory